Problem with DFI Lanparty and pci slot

Orbitech

Newcomer
I installed my audigy 2zs and Leadtek Winfast pvr2000 tv tuner card in the 2 pci slots of my mobo.

The problem is that whichever of the 2 cards I place in the lower pci slot it cannot work.

I suspect shared irq problem here. So is there anything that I can do in order to fix this? I cannot leave my Audigy out but I want my tv tuner card too as well.

Thanks in advance

PCI practically doesn't have any IRQ issues at all. It's designed to share IRQs, and these days the bus is so mature you shouldn't ever run into any troubles. Practically all hardware will happily share with most anything else. The cards you mention are so common and mainstream I have a hard time imagining they wouldn't work together. If it'd been some weird noname hardware, then perhaps, but not those two manufacturers...

Might be a BIOS bug, or perhaps your mobo is damaged. Hard to say, do you have any other PCI cards you can switch out one or both of these two with?

Guden Oden said:
PCI practically doesn't have any IRQ issues at all. It's designed to share IRQs, and these days the bus is so mature you shouldn't ever run into any troubles. Practically all hardware will happily share with most anything else. The cards you mention are so common and mainstream I have a hard time imagining they wouldn't work together. If it'd been some weird noname hardware, then perhaps, but not those two manufacturers...

Might be a BIOS bug, or perhaps your mobo is damaged. Hard to say, do you have any other PCI cards you can switch out one or both of these two with?

Well it's so weird...

I switched the cards on the slots and then the audigy didn't work. So I did the opposite again in order for my audigy to work at least(only the upper pci slot seemed to work) and when I booted again both of them worked!!

I mean if it worked from the first time I switched slots I would have understood it(maybe my tv tuner wasn't seated properly) but it worked when I changed it again back to their initiall slots!! Why's that?

Back