Prescott OCed to 7.2Ghz

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I just posted this up at EB but figured it is a slow news Sunday so I'd double-post it here too:

Over at EB I said:
Using a DFI 925XE-T2V he got his prescott to 7.2Ghz and stable in the bios! :oops:

I saw the story at Warp2search and headed over to Fugger's post at XtremeSystems to check it out and I'm just in awe reading thru some of the threads!

Intel P4 3.8Ghz ES
DFI Lanparty 925XE-T2
OCZ 600ADJ
OCZ DDR2 4200 3-2-2-8
ATI Radeon x800xt
Chilly cascade -124c
Nanotherm PCM
Prescott patched
Above are the official system stats and he ran Pi just spiffy in XP at 5.9042Ghz!

Damned impressive. :)

Gee whizz, stable in the bios! :rolleyes:
How long does it run at 5.9ghz? 5 min? :LOL:
So ridiculous :?

He can't get into windows because at those extreme speeds the bios doesn't want to detect any hard drives. He needs a clockgen version for his mobo so he can overclock from within windows, but becuase the mobo is a developer sample that program doesn't exist yet. However, he has benched at 5.9Ghz, done super pis and whatnot, and it's pretty much rock solid.

Why don't you read the thread first?

Well, I always figured prescott was capable of hitting that 5ghz figure intel was aiming for by now with enough cooling, 7.2ghz is very impressive though, even if it's not stable.(though if I only cared about booting up, I think my xp mobile can make 2.8ghz on air cooling)

I bet both athlon 64 and G5 90nm could make 3.5ghz on super cooling.(I think 3.5ghz is what IBM was aiming to have by now)

Athlon FX-55 has reached 3.83Ghz on liquid nitrogen, courtesy of memesama from asia (not sure if it's Tiwan or Japan). On phase, the best is something like 3.75Ghz and 3.6Ghz stable.

Back