Power outage at fab junks up to 60k flash wafers

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
https://www.anandtech.com/show/1253...estroys-3-percent-of-global-nand-flash-output

Apparently, a Samsung fab in S. Korea suffered a 30 min power outage on march 9th (no idea why it took this long for news about it to be reported). Analysts say the lost production might amount to as much as 3.5% of world production during the month of march.

There's quite a few interesting comments in the news post attached to the thread. It's worth the time reading through it!

I read the comments.

I want my five minutes and 50 IQ points back.

"To give you a basic idea on how much power 1 megawatt is, that's enough to power 800k average homes in the US."

The story itself is interesting though. :)

"To give you a basic idea on how much power 1 megawatt is, that's enough to power 800k average homes in the US."
Ok, you don't have to pull the low watermark and use it to judge the entire comments thread! That's a bit unfair, don't you think? :D

I read the comments.

I want my five minutes and 50 IQ points back.

The story itself is interesting though. :)
lol
amazing.
if I'm lucky after this month (3rd month) I would have generated 1 MW of solar power, I think I'm still off the mark, so maybe next month. But wow. If I used this guys calculations I could power the whole neighbourhood every day.

Back