Posting guidelines for Newbies

THe problem with ban points are senior members .

Right now i believe its 1k posts . That does not take a long time at all to achive . I think dave should change it to a time amount . 1 year should be good

I think the best way to have peacei n the forum is to ban all the offending members who cause the disruption. The forum has gone downhill a whole lot lately. Expect much stricter moderation for the console forum until the problem is fixed.

I've just been avoiding it, it's gotten silly lately with all the kiddies trying to run rampant.

A good example of why I hate "board lawyers" so much.
yep.gif

DIGI'S ADVICE: Go happy with the banstick and ban anyone who complains about your banning too, clears it all out in a hurry and it's very cathartic. 8)

I'm starting to agree. We need to deal with this problem and the only way is to really ban.

btw, Does anyone know what forum name 'OA" stands for. people over at gaming age say the B3D console forum is being over run with people from the OA console forums intentionally. Apparently this is a Sony fan forum of some sort?

OA is Opa-Ages I think? I seem to remember that's where Deadmeat came from too, which should give a quality indication right there.

oi said:
btw, Does anyone know what forum name 'OA" stands for. people over at gaming age say the B3D console forum is being over run with people from the OA console forums intentionally. Apparently this is a Sony fan forum of some sort?

OA is Opa-Ages I think? I seem to remember that's where Deadmeat came from too, which should give a quality indication right there.
That would also explain why I've seen so many nicks with "opa" in 'em go on rampages. (Quickly undone, contained, and props for fast modding; I think I just check here more than most. ;) )

Sonic said:
I'm starting to agree. We need to deal with this problem and the only way is to really ban.
Do it, cut loose. I'm real serious. The only people who will have a problem with it are mainly the ones who will be giving you the grief anyways, the regulars will understand it and won't even bat an eyelash at it. ('Cept maybe for some compliments, some of them are weird that way. :rolleyes: )

Newbies causing trouble get one warning, second time they get the boot. Quickly reminds people that these are privately owned forums and if you can't be civil you have to at least obey the rules. The console forum seems to have the most problems with newer members, this will take care of that nicely.

And what is the worst that will happen, too many people will stop posting in the console forums?
rofl.gif

pifft,, then you have a fulltime nanny? no just ignore or you loose the forum.
Dont put lil text in your sig that say "ingnore butthead" thats just as bad. Be a "Adult, and dont argue with the kids, or the weak and the emotional soccer type fan. That makes less clutter and much easier for a mod to prune a thread if is worth keeping the thread open.

karlotta said:
pifft,, then you have a fulltime nanny? no just ignore or you loose the forum.
Dont put lil text in your sig that say "ingnore butthead" thats just as bad. Be a "Adult, and dont argue with the kids, or the weak and the emotional soccer type fan. That makes less clutter and much easier for a mod to prune a thread if is worth keeping the thread open.

Easy to say, but the point is that the "kids" lately have also flooded the forum with a lot new threads about pure crap. You know, the ones that need more than 2 exclamation points after every sentence. You might have missed most of it cause they get deleted fairly quickly. But a few people do nothing but shit over the forum, whether they are ignored or not.

Back