Post-PS4 announcement and 8GB "surprise": Is Microsoft in time to change something?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a clock 35-50%+ on gpu (1.2 to 1.8 GFlops) and 64 MB of low latency eSram can close the gap
plus the efficiency of the system, even with the old specs durango will be on pair or even faster

Let me get this straight we don't know enough about the specs to say the current Durango hardware less powerful but now even if it is MS can crank up the speed and be on par or better due to efficiency?

Its perfectly reasonable to say direct comparisons of hardware could be irrelevant due to what we know but it sounds like you are grasping at anything to say Durango is going to be more powerful here.

I think it's pretty rediculous to think that Microsoft staged fake Durango specs. That's my opinion though, what do you base your opinion on if I may ask? Can you link me the NeoGAF post? Is the poster of any significance in the industry?

Even then, I think that people might be looking for an explanation to why MS's console is "underpowered" compared to PS4 and therefor accept the theory of MS purposely misleading. It's just... hard to beleive and it sounds like damage control.

If people truly believe that Major Nelson needs to start selling gold. We don't know enough about either platform to say definitively who has more powerful hardware and even if it turns out that Sony does have superior specs MS could very well surprise us all with a very well thought out business model and Kinect integration which makes it irrelevant.

Let me get this straight we don't know enough about the specs to say the current Durango hardware less powerful but now even if it is MS can crank up the speed and be on par or better due to efficiency?

Its perfectly reasonable to say direct comparisons of hardware could be irrelevant due to what we know but it sounds like you are grasping at anything to say Durango is going to be more powerful here.

I'm annoyed by sony fans that call me bias if I deny to proclame their favourite system the winner
I'm not doing it for durango or orbis, and if you before call me "grasping" just lose some time searching my before post, you already known how much I'm happy for the 8 GB on orbis.
simply, the better are both, the better is for us, or at least for me

can you elaborate instead?
if the gpu gains 35-50% in clock, the gpu performance will be on pair
with a tiling system and 64 MB of low latency eSRAM and plus all the accelerators block, DME's etc I see it on pair or even faster than orbis, if you don't think the same, explain instead attack another user on the forum, we're not on gaf

Another interesting aspect is the PS4 is rumored to have dual camera's built-in for a Kinect like device.Does that mean Sony is going all casual?Of course it doesn't and I believe it is nonsense to assume Durango will go casual only or primarily focus on that specific demographic..

The problem is that Sony is going "casual" while adding the casual stuff on top of good gaming hardware .
At the same time Microsoft subtracts gaming h/w to accomodate casual stuff .
Don't you agree ? Are you ok with this ?

This thread is just covering the same Durango vs. Orbis ground as the NGGP thread. It started with good intentions, but the current populace of B3D is really struggling to maintain sensible, structured discourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back