Please help to edify ProspectorPete on RGB ranges and proper video setups *spinoff of spinoff*

AUO color sequential TV from 2012, apparently they will show a new prototype with submillisecond blue-phase LCD next year:

implemented on a 65-inch MVA (multi-domain vertical alignment) type color filter-less LCD which is provided by AU Optronics Corp.. Except successfully suppressing color breakup, the average power consumption of the IEC: 62087 video is only 52 Watts which is equivalent to 25% power usage of a current 65-inch color filter LCD.

high contrast on such display would be special, because color sequential displays used to have ~90% pixel fill , so actual black has to come from somewhere else than a (passive and rather primitive) black matrix.

Slightly, (ok, completely), off-topic; what is your official tip for 2017 Shifty?
I need to replace my sig with spam for my console-like shooter on mobile, using awesome controls so it plays like a console game. This.
I'll also be looking at PC (Steam?), UWP and Switch releases, but next step is a public early-access on Android for feedback.

Back