Playstation 3 officially launched in India

The figure that stuck in mind from an Economist magazine article some time ago, was that there were approx 80 million people that would be considered middle class in India.

That gives you a bigger market than the UK.

well there maybe 80million middleclass but it doesnt mean they have the cash of a western countries middleclass
"The company aims to sell 10,000 units of PlayStation3 and 50,000 units of PlayStation2 during this financial year."
to put that in perspective, here in nz (one of the poorer western nations) with a population of just 4million they sold 4,000 ps3's in just over a week

well there maybe 80million middleclass but it doesnt mean they have the cash of a western countries middleclass

to put that in perspective, here in nz (one of the poorer western nations) with a population of just 4million they sold 4,000 ps3's in just over a week

Eastern.....;)

True and even if they have the same amount of money, it does not necessarily mean that the sales will be in the same range. It is also about perception, parents in India usually don't like to buy a game console for their kids as it is thought to have a distractive/negative impact on their studies.

Eastern.....;)
i assume u mean eastern hemisphere ( like germany, norway, parts of england, italy etc ) then youre correct, i was actually wanting the term OECD but couldnt for the life of me comeup with it, racking my brains, opec, asiao/apec (pacific rim nations) etc.
actually calling the nations western doesnt really make much sense, sure u have north america (but also south america) most of europe lies in the eastern hemisphere

Last edited by a moderator:
Back