Photorealism has finally been accomplished in real-time -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the reflections on the cars are nice.. and you can't really tell alot from the youtube quality, but it looks far from lifelike to my eyes. Plenty of aliasing in those overbright white fences for starters. The rock textures look terribly low res and the trees look very 2d plane-ish.

Here's another vid of it showing lots of pop-in.

The arcade booths are cool though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good for an arcade game, however, the tree foliage still looks to be a collection of flat 2D sprites.

Add to that the comment above with the aliased fencing and other things. The video is too blurry to comment on much else. Although the shadow of overhanging tree's on passing cars doesn't appear realistic. The cars appear to be either fully in the sun or fully shadowed.

And what's up with the sensationalist headlines coupled with no comments whatsoever about what makes you think this is Photorealistic?

Regards,
SB

Looks good for an arcade game, however, the tree foliage still looks to be a collection of flat 2D sprites.

Add to that the comment above with the aliased fencing and other things. The video is too blurry to comment on much else. Although the shadow of overhanging tree's on passing cars doesn't appear realistic. The cars appear to be either fully in the sun or fully shadowed.

Regards,
SB

Its running on the same hardware as ID4 so I wouldn't expect much of a change.

[Ive played a lot of ID4 with a friend]

ID4 sports low reso self shadows, low reso track side textures, 2d trees along other things. It looks good but no where near photo realisitic.

I like it best when the reflection of the sun comes of the grill which is basically nothing more than chicken wire on the real thing.

What they hell are Polyphony playing at there attempt a realism doesn't come close to this "brilliant" game.

Thread closed on account of being a marketing gimmic. For anyone really interested in seeing a generic scanline-rendered racer with all the usual faults, search 'Initial D' on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back