Pci e mobos

jvd

Banned
So when are they coming out . ANyone have any info. Want to start making a new system from april when the r420 comes out . Don't want to buy agp as I figure i will keep the card at least 2 years .

im getting excited too. From all the rumors (theInq) april is looking like the month for things to get started. Hope there arent any delays.

later,
epic
ill look for the road maps, article links

Yea looking to get an athlon 64 3000 unless amd replaces it with something else . And then the r423

i might go bleeding edge. My dream is getting a duallie athlonFX and r423, watercooling and a few hard drives. :) 2 dell 21" lcds.

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
i might go bleeding edge. My dream is getting a duallie athlonFX and r423, watercooling and a few hard drives. :) 2 dell 21" lcds.

later,
epic

well I have the watercooler and I have the athlon fx haha . But its on the media pc that myself and my sister do video editing on. Sooo i can't play games on it :(

THe watercooler is on my current rig though

jvd said:
well I have the watercooler and I have the athlon fx haha . But its on the media pc that myself and my sister do video editing on. Sooo i can't play games on it :(

Are you using a resevoir? Im looking at a tube-o-matic. god those things look sexy. ;)

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
jvd said:

Are you using a resevoir? Im looking at a tube-o-matic. god those things look sexy. ;)

later,
epic

I have a dangerden bay res . I have a custom made rotor block that works on both the a64s and the axps . I'm using a hydro pump .

Also a black ice pro rad. My tems have been kinda bad lately . In the 40s . Very upset .

hows the noise factor. If i do go watercooling, im planning on taking out as many fans out as possible ie video card fan, chipset fan, heatsink fan,... Have you done something similar??

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:

later,
epic

Technically, you'd have to get dually Opteron 248 (or is it 246?) processors, which might raise the price significantly.

Though the system sure sounds nice...I only wish I could get one, too. :(

3dilettante said:
epicstruggle said:

later,
epic

Technically, you'd have to get dually Opteron 248 (or is it 246?) processors, which might raise the price significantly.

Though the system sure sounds nice...I only wish I could get one, too. :(
your right, opteron 248's (or higher ), the price difference is about 200 dollars according to theInq's prediction of price cuts coming.

later,
epic
ps just have to get the wifes approval. ;)

LOL getting her approval eh? Well I doubt that will happen for such a high end machine, but then I don't know her (but I know mine :D) Mine will let me get another machine this august though (as opposed to selling parts on ebay when I upgrade).

epicstruggle said:
hows the noise factor. If i do go watercooling, im planning on taking out as many fans out as possible ie video card fan, chipset fan, heatsink fan,... Have you done something similar??

later,
epic
Its not to bad at all .

When i play games I turn the fans up . But otherwise i have low air going threw while surfing the web and normaly stay at like 35c . When i play a game i need to raise the fans up otherwise i will get close to 50c

Sxotty said:
LOL getting her approval eh? Well I doubt that will happen for such a high end machine, but then I don't know her (but I know mine :D) Mine will let me get another machine this august though (as opposed to selling parts on ebay when I upgrade).
Its all about timing. I just have to be careful that I dont tip my hand too early. It helps also that she's in a different continent. ;) Im in the US and she's in South Africa. Technically she wouldnt find out until she came here.

later,
epic

jvd said:
epicstruggle said:

later,
epic
Its not to bad at all .

When i play games I turn the fans up . But otherwise i have low air going threw while surfing the web and normaly stay at like 35c . When i play a game i need to raise the fans up otherwise i will get close to 50c
is the pump louder than a regular fan??

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
jvd said:
epicstruggle said:

later,
epic
Its not to bad at all .

is the pump louder than a regular fan??

later,
epic
I don't hear the pump. There are some vibration issues . And my little sister who has a room under my lab says she hears a humming but screw here haha

Back