party games for PS4,XO?

I highly recommend Towerfall Ascension and Sport friends champions. Injustice is quite good too. And Diablo 3 in cooperative.

I'll answer myself here as I just did a chunk of research on this. Turns out all the consoles suck at media apps compared to the little Roku 3. I was surprised to be honest, but the Roku 3 really is in a league of it's own. So nevermind, I'll just leave it all as is with the Roku 3 for media, along with PS2 + PS4 for their party game needs. They ended up disconnecting the PS4 camera because it kept giving low light errors and have asked for move controllers, so I'll get some of those instead. One day I figure the PS4 will be able to replace their PS2 for party games but that time isn't yet so I'll just keep both there, hopefully by next years holiday though the PS2 will no longer be needed.
Is Roku 3 a program for the PC? I am curious... As for multimedia features, the Xbox One has improved a lot compared to the early days, and now it features Blu-ray 3D support, DLNA, custom backgrounds, nice music apps, thousands of movies and videos, etc etc etc.

Back into subject, I created a thread about a Monopoly game, which can be played by up to 6 people, if that helps.

I highly recommend Towerfall Ascension and Sport friends champions. Injustice is quite good too. And Diablo 3 in cooperative.

Unfortunately the audience I have in mind here typically can't play those types of twitch games. I was looking mostly for the types of games that don't use the controller, and use the camera add on instead. But alas at this time these types of games don't seem to be on the radar of any publisher.

Is Roku 3 a program for the PC? I am curious... As for multimedia features, the Xbox One has improved a lot compared to the early days, and now it features Blu-ray 3D support, DLNA, custom backgrounds, nice music apps, thousands of movies and videos, etc etc etc.

The Roku 3 is a tiny $85 box that literally fits in the palm of your hand, and yet it smokes everything out there for media playback support. It has a bog simple remote and a simple interface so anyone can use it on their tv. The big problem I found with the consoles is that they are missing support of many services that are popular here, so at the end of the day all the hardware in the world is useless if they can't be used to watch the content they want to watch.

EDIT: Here's a link to it:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-3

...and a partial list of what services you can watch on it:

https://www.roku.com/channels#!browse/movies-and-tv/by-popular

The amount of content you can watch on that little thing is quite staggering, check out what it supports and then you'll realize how behind the consoles are when it comes to media support. It's almost comical really how primitive the expensive consoles are compared to that little thing!

Last edited:
Unfortunately the audience I have in mind here typically can't play those types of twitch games. I was looking mostly for the types of games that don't use the controller, and use the camera add on instead. But alas at this time these types of games don't seem to be on the radar of any publisher.

The Roku 3 is a tiny $85 box that literally fits in the palm of your hand, and yet it smokes everything out there for media playback support. It has a bog simple remote and a simple interface so anyone can use it on their tv. The big problem I found with the consoles is that they are missing support of many services that are popular here, so at the end of the day all the hardware in the world is useless if they can't be used to watch the content they want to watch.

EDIT: Here's a link to it:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-3

...and a partial list of what services you can watch on it:

https://www.roku.com/channels#!browse/movies-and-tv/by-popular

The amount of content you can watch on that little thing is quite staggering, check out what it supports and then you'll realize how behind the consoles are when it comes to media support. It's almost comical really how primitive the expensive consoles are compared to that little thing!
Well, they are consoles after all, but after seeing all the services which the Rocku 3 supports -quite staggering to be honest- I can see why consoles fall short by comparison. More than 90% of the apps/services initially listed in the first 2 rows of your link sound familiar to me -are featured on consoles-, but when the History channel is listed and so on, I certainly lost track, because I am sure I've never seen than on my Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

The only downside for me is that it is defined as a streaming device, but my connection isn't the fastest -6MB-, anyways it has support for external storage, so that's just fine.

Interesting little box and I see they are selling into the UK now. Does it run XBMC? Mostly I want to use my existing media library and for everything else XBMC plugins do the trick.

I don't know much on how it works with existing media. The audience I'm going after is the younger crowd that doesn't own any media, they just stream everything from existing services which is in stark contrast to forums where typically people rate any device 1 star if it can't stream mkv's from their NAS. It says it can support external usb storage and dlna but I haven't tried that yet.

I bought Just Dance 2015 right when it came out and left it at the house for them to play with. I had the ps4 camera mounted on top of the tv, but when I was at the house last time I noticed it was moved on top of the speaker, so that tells me they are still having issues with the camera working right because they tend to move it around when the game complains about not enough light.

Reviving my thread from the dead because I solved the ps4 camera problem! Basically I sold the ps4 and replaced it with an xbox one. I know that seems like a ghetto way to solve the issue but the girls just couldn't get the ps4 camera to work in the low lighting of that house alas and they gave up and stopped using it, which defeated the purpose of having a console there to begin with. Seems like kinect has no trouble working in low light which is awesome so the girls can bounce around to their hearts content. Now they just need more friggen kinect games already!!! I got them 3 games so far, Just Dance 2015, Sports Rivals, and Dance Central. I know they love Just Dance 2015, haven't asked about the other two just yet. Still a damn shame that there are so few kinect party games.

Still a damn shame that there are so few kinect party games.

Might want to take a look at Disney Fantasia Music Evolved and Rabbids Invasion. Below are Quick Looks from Giant Bomb to give you a rough idea as to how they play and if they would fit your target users.

Cool thanks! Fantasia looks a little bland from that video to be honest...but Rabbids could be cool I'll get that one. The girls are *really* loving the Xbox One, it's definitely a big hit at the house. Kinect works great and they are bouncing around taking lots of nsfw pics in the process as a bonus. I did see a couple of rare forum safe pics for those curious:

B_j-CywUsAAco6x.jpg
B_juF3ZU0AA2gdw.jpg

That's about it as far as forum safe pics though lol, things tend to degenerate quickly with these girls. The current girls there are gamer girls and have asked for 4 controllers for coop games and the latest COD game so I'll be getting those for them, which is leading me to look into couch coop games as well along with party games. I may try the games Forced and Lara Croft Temple Of Osiris, both are listed as four player co-op on this page: http://www.co-optimus.com/system/24/xbox-one.html and they look like quick dungeon crawlers compared to say Diablo which looks like needs a larger time commitment. Man I wish they would port some of the old 360 Kinect games to the Xbox One, but I guess I have to be patient.

Cool thanks! Fantasia looks a little bland from that video to be honest...but Rabbids could be cool I'll get that one. The girls are *really* loving the Xbox One, it's definitely a big hit at the house. Kinect works great and they are bouncing around taking lots of nsfw pics in the process as a bonus. I did see a couple of rare forum safe pics for those curious:

B_j-CywUsAAco6x.jpg
B_juF3ZU0AA2gdw.jpg

That's about it as far as forum safe pics though lol, things tend to degenerate quickly with these girls. The current girls there are gamer girls and have asked for 4 controllers for coop games and the latest COD game so I'll be getting those for them, which is leading me to look into couch coop games as well along with party games. I may try the games Forced and Lara Croft Temple Of Osiris, both are listed as four player co-op on this page: http://www.co-optimus.com/system/24/xbox-one.html and they look like quick dungeon crawlers compared to say Diablo which looks like needs a larger time commitment. Man I wish they would port some of the old 360 Kinect games to the Xbox One, but I guess I have to be patient.
You can feel the chemistry building up. I love this lesbian stuff.

Back