P4B266 & A7V333 VIA, ASUS mobo crashes with KyroII

kyronet

Newcomer
hi, this is George from KyroNet.
We have just finished upgrading our testing systems to P4 1.8a and AMD XP1800.
But currently none of these systems works on KyroII (Vivid!32MB)
Win. XP Pro.

1st question
the P4 Asus P4B266 "DOES NOT SUPPORT" any AGP card with 3.3V. (supports only +1.5V)
Is KyroII a +1.5V or 3.3 V video card?
(the system will not start as said on the mobo spec.)

2nd question
AMD XP1800 mobo is a Asus A7V333.
This V333 VIA chipset has been having problem with KyroII on a lot of forum with XP OS system.

Re: P4B266 & A7V333 VIA, ASUS mobo DO NOT SUPPORT KyroII

kyronet said:
1st question
the P4 Asus P4B266 "DOES NOT SUPPORT" any AGP card with 3.3V. (supports only +1.5V)
Is KyroII a +1.5V or 3.3 V video card?
(the system will not start as said on the mobo spec.)

2nd question
AMD XP1800 mobo is a Asus A7V333.
This V333 VIA chipset has been having problem with KyroII on a lot of forum with XP OS system.

1st Question
The KYRO chipsets support both 1.5 and 3.3V signaling. It's this flexibility that might cause confusion with some people and possibly even MBs. What kind of KYRO do you have, is it an early Hercules board ? 3.3 and 1.5 signaling are identified by a single pin, early PCBs might have this pin floating which can confuse MBs, later PCB revisions have this issue fixed. I'll get our compatibility lab to check on this MB when I get into work on monday.

2nd Question
The KT333 chipset is fairly new, as a result there are most likely no XP drivers built into the OS. As such download the latest VIA drivers to assure correct working of KYRO on these MBs. If the latest VIA drivers are installed and AGP working has been verified using PowerStrip and there are still problems - then we'll investigate. But we need more info then just "we have problems".

Hope this helps,

K-

hi Kristof,

1st question
my KYROII board is the "sample board - Vivid!XS 32MB" I received last year from you guys, PowerVR.

2nd Question
I don't think there is any new VIA 4in1 driver for the V333 chipset for now.
I installed PowerStrip last night and change it to AGP 1x, the system becomes more stable than using AGP2x.
When I started any 3D App. with the AGP2x, the system crashes.

thanks[/b]

hi Kristof,

Have you had a chance to find that out for me yet?
I have no idea to get my Vivid!XS32MB will work with my new Asus P4B266 mobo.

I have been able to get it working with my AMD XP, A7V333 machine though...

having probbs with my Kyro 4000 running in anything else than 1x AGP or no AGP acceleration at all. And I get shitty performance in Villagemark, only 88 FPS with my new, shiny Asus A7V333 and an XP 1800+ compared to 94 with my Duron 600@900, Asus A7V(kt133). This in Win98 with the newest drivers, directx 8.1 and via4in1 4.38.

Back