Online Trading?

dukmahsik

Banned
Do any of you guys do online trading? If so, with which firms/companies? I am looking to starting up, researching about ameritrade, sharebuilder, scottrade, etc right now.

I will be a casual trader, less than 25 trades a year probably. thanks.

I use etrade. Ive been pretty happy with their website. I like etrades graph over ameritrade. If it comes down to those 2, go with etrade. I dont have any experience with the other companies out there, only those 2.

epic

Best of luck to you. 25 trades a year isn't very ambitious or aggressive. You'll have to pick stock extremely carefully to create profit in 2 week increments.

For a half year in 2001 I supported myself from trades off eTrade. Trouble was I had to pay attention 24/7, or I'd lose my stack of money. I saw a friend, a day trader, take a weekend off when his brother was in town, and he lost $11,000 USD over the weekend while the dang market was CLOSED! Eventually we both went back to 9-5 salaried gigs, and we're much happier, relaxed, nonstressed.

Oh, and aside from that, day traders are the worst kind of parasite, bringing nothing new into the world, living off others' successes without contributing anything new or original into the world. A financial leech. The bottom feeders in our capitalist society. This was another reason I stopped. Having money is no replacement for a moral contributing life.

I base my opinions on what I've experienced, but YMMV.

ricercar said:
For a half year in 2001 I supported myself from trades off eTrade. Trouble was I had to pay attention 24/7, or I'd lose my stack of money. I saw a friend, a day trader, take a weekend off when his brother was in town, and he lost $11,000 USD over the weekend while the dang market was CLOSED! Eventually we both went back to 9-5 salaried gigs, and we're much happier, relaxed, nonstressed.

I am very interested in getting into this. not supporting myself with it but, merely small-time for entertainment. I'd like more details on how you did this if i could get them?

Sage said:
ricercar said:

I am very interested in getting into this. not supporting myself with it but, merely small-time for entertainment. I'd like more details on how you did this if i could get them?
Mate stay away from day-trading. Its more addictive than gambling (vegas style). I also for about 4 -5 months was a daytrader. Its not fun on the people around you.

epic

Back