OK, I switched to Firefox... Early impressions follow.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Guden Oden said:
Best features? :oops:
Why is it even featuring tabs if left-clicks on links to remote sites defaults to opening new windows all over the place? It makes no sense.

Then install "preferential" and disable it.

Or just try the middle button, it opens links in a new tab.

So far, it's ok and I use it pretty often, though I still favor Opera.

Ostsol said:
Once I tried Opera and explored its features, I couldn't go back to anything else. Instant response time on the back/forward buttons, mouse gestures, MDI, etc. . . :)

Same here. I'm in love with Opera's keyboard navigation, the only browser out there actually usable without a mouse :)

Guden Oden said:
Squeak said:
Anyway Guden Oden I can't imagine how you could not like the "middle click to open in new tap" feature, to me that's one of the best features in Firefox

Best features? :oops:
Why is it even featuring tabs if left-clicks on links to remote sites defaults to opening new windows all over the place? It makes no sense.
Because sometimes it might be desirable to have something in separate window (for example if you want to side by side compare something).

, and I can't imagine how it could possibly cause anyone with rudimentary motor skills any trouble. It's very simple, click on link open, click anywhere else scroll screen.

It's got nothing to do with motor skills, it's a matter of consistency. If middle-click on nothing or on text autoscrolls, why does middle-clicks on links (or linked images) open a new tab? It's completely illogical. Now I have to check my mouse pointer isn't hovering over some fucking adbanner or something when I want to autoscroll. With any other browser that I know of, it's enough the mouse pointer is somewhere inside the window/frame I want to scroll.
You can only take consistency so far, and there is only a limited number of buttons on a normal mouse. There are situations in interface design, where there is no point in keeping consistency for consistencies sake. Sometimes you have to make navigation or a command context sensitive. If anything, windows and ei are loaded with inconsistencies that people have learned to cope with or just put up with.

Squeak said:
You can only take consistency so far, and there is only a limited number of buttons on a normal mouse. There are situations in interface design, where there is no point in keeping consistency for consistencies sake. Sometimes you have to make navigation or a command context sensitive. If anything, windows and ei are loaded with inconsistencies that people have learned to cope with or just put up with.

Totally agree there, cause i'm one of the "educated" ones. I'm so used to IE crap that now everythig else feels weird... Guess it will take me some time to get used to something else. I have been using IE for the last 10 years or so afterall...

london-boy said:
Totally agree there, cause i'm one of the "educated" ones. I'm so used to IE crap that now everythig else feels weird... Guess it will take me some time to get used to something else. I have been using IE for the last 10 years or so afterall...

My GOD, how old are you ;)

IE exists 10 years already ? :D

first browser I used was Mosaic, than Netscape, than IE, and now Mozilla & its derivatives... it's getting better all the time.

Druga Runda said:
IE exists 10 years already ? :D

first browser I used was Mosaic, than Netscape, than IE, and now Mozilla & its derivatives... it's getting better all the time.

I think so... let me think, i went online the first time in 1995 i think, that's almost 10 years now... And i was using Netscape for a while but then quickly changed to IE as soon as it became available...

Could be wrong on the dates........

sytaylor said:
london-boy said:

My GOD, how old are you ;)

I started early :devilish:

(we ARE talking about online stuff, right....)

For you maybe... for me, its an information source... and im not lying, or covering up anything, or just saying it... honest

Back