Oboro Muramasa Youtouden [Wii] - Old School Gameplay

Has my interest. I've always liked 2D artwork and wished they still made good side-scrollers. Hopefully it turns out well.

Has my interest. I've always liked 2D artwork and wished they still made good side-scrollers. Hopefully it turns out well.

Ban him from Beyond3d!!!! :LOL:

Of course if that does happen, I guess I'll be banned as well.

Man, I love 2D. So far, the DS is the ONLY system in history to have a perfect and healthy balance of both 2D and 3D graphics. Why can't consoles be like that as well? Just cause it's 3D doesn't mean it can't render 2D.

Loco Roco (both on PSP and PS3) is a pretty neat 2D game. ;)

By the way, it looks great. And I agree. I think you could do some crazy things with 2d graphics. Imagien you have a completely 2D side scroller, except sometimes a 3D object comes to life from the 2D background/fillers. Could lead to awesome effects, especially because you can focus all your 3D power on those few objects coming to life, so they can be incredibly detailed so they really don't stand out as 3D objects in terms of graphical definition.

I'd love to see a hi-res 2D side-scroller like Metal Slug with tons of crazy effects. I'm a big animation and comic book fan, so animated sprites always trigger than "hand-drawn" feel for me.

Ban him from Beyond3d!!!! :LOL:
Actually, we should be banning people who talk ABOUT 3d, because we're supposed to be talking beyond! And in the case of 2d, it's just a matter of perspective... If you're looking back from the higher d's, 2d will be beyond 3d!

So really, we should be talking about anything BUT 3d! BANZ0R!

Back