Nvidia ranked in 100 Best Companies to work for

above3d said:
Hmmmm, last I recall it was the CEO of ATI (not to mention his wife and others) who are being investigated for millions of dollars of fraud. And whose offshore accounts are being seized again? Oh that's right, another ATI executive. For systemic corporate malfeasance, I think you need to look to Canada, and its regulators, who haven't bothered to move on nailing the criminals running ATI for over a year now. (How the f**k long is an investigation supposed to take?)

It was the chairman and his wife. Other person is no longer there.

Plenty of companies have had insider trading investigations. Not too big of a deal unless there's some major profit taking going on.

I don't think Dave Orton is a criminal and last time I checked, he was running ATI.

You'd think that for researchers the simple oppurtunity to work with the kind of calibre of colleagues they can find at NVIDIA would be enough to make it one of the best places to work, together with the money of course :)

I'm betting NVIDIA hired and snuck in some custom, shadey "employees" for the poll that is used to benchmark companies for the Top 100 lists. :)

Razor04 said:
BRiT said:
I wouldn't put any stock in any sort of "Top X Company to Work For" awards. I worked at several companies that recieved various "Top X Company to Work For" in Ohio. They were far from it. The one even had rounds of layoffs every 4 months and mandated minimum 50 hour work weeks (both of which which kept up for 20 months). And this was during the DOT COM technology boom era too. Eventually everyone I knew quit there within a year after I left. The company still recieves such awards. It was hell.
I work at one of the companies that is in the Top 10 this year and has been in the rankings since 1998. While I must admit I don't enjoy working there a lot (been there 5 years and I am ready for something new related to my college education) I can't help but compliment then on being a good place to work for. They have given me $1500 a year to go to school in addition to a guaranteed number of hours a year, in another few months after I leave school they will be covering my health insurance in full as a part-time employee, they already cover my prescriptions, and there is a host of other benfits too. So while I may be ready to move on I am grateful for all that they have done for me over the past 5 years and definately feel that they are a great place to work for.

This sounds really familiar....Is this company a shipping company by any chance?

MightyPez said:
Razor04 said:
BRiT said:
I wouldn't put any stock in any sort of "Top X Company to Work For" awards. I worked at several companies that recieved various "Top X Company to Work For" in Ohio. They were far from it. The one even had rounds of layoffs every 4 months and mandated minimum 50 hour work weeks (both of which which kept up for 20 months). And this was during the DOT COM technology boom era too. Eventually everyone I knew quit there within a year after I left. The company still recieves such awards. It was hell.
I work at one of the companies that is in the Top 10 this year and has been in the rankings since 1998. While I must admit I don't enjoy working there a lot (been there 5 years and I am ready for something new related to my college education) I can't help but compliment then on being a good place to work for. They have given me $1500 a year to go to school in addition to a guaranteed number of hours a year, in another few months after I leave school they will be covering my health insurance in full as a part-time employee, they already cover my prescriptions, and there is a host of other benfits too. So while I may be ready to move on I am grateful for all that they have done for me over the past 5 years and definately feel that they are a great place to work for.
This sounds really familiar....Is this company a shipping company by any chance?
Nope...actually they are a grocery store chain. Really wish that by now I had another job as I will be graduating from college in a few months, but they have helped me out with school, allowed me flexible hours so that I could be involved in activities outside of work, along with a host of other benefits. They were ranked 9th this year and 10th last year and have been in the rankings since 1998. If you want to know some more about them you can find their website at www.wegmans.com As much as I am ready to move on to a position related to my education I will miss some things about the place and a lot of the people that work there as almost everyone I know that works there is nice and happy with their positions.

Ah. I just was strange because I work for a certain nameless shipping company that offers the same benefits. $1500/semester for tution, full medical/dental/vision/drugs etc etc. And I can say the same, it's beena great company to work for.

MightyPez said:
Ah. I just was strange because I work for a certain nameless shipping company that offers the same benefits. $1500/semester for tution, full medical/dental/vision/drugs etc etc. And I can say the same, it's beena great company to work for.
hehe I must say finding companies to work for that offer stuff like that are hard to come by. $1500 doesn't go a long way when you are at a private school but every little bit helps. Mine has typically covered my book expenses and other minor things...pretty sad when books for the year averages over $1000. I just bought my last semesters worth of books though so I am happy.

MuFu said:
Please feel free to use these statements but refrain from adding your own interpretation or color. We are trying to get on a more healthy track with Futuremark.

Nice and oppressive. :LOL:
Obviously nV wants their employees using Digital Vibrance to add color. Why re-reinterpret the color wheel? ;)

above3d said:
bloodbob said:
I think UTTAR has hear some stories to disagree with that but I guess if your in managment its good because you can do insider trading :)

Hmmmm, last I recall it was the CEO of ATI (not to mention his wife and others) who are being investigated for millions of dollars of fraud. And whose offshore accounts are being seized again? Oh that's right, another ATI executive. For systemic corporate malfeasance, I think you need to look to Canada, and its regulators, who haven't bothered to move on nailing the criminals running ATI for over a year now. (How the f**k long is an investigation supposed to take?)

:rolleyes:

Hmmm, last I recall NVIDIA was caught too, multiple times, on these criminal activities, my friend.

Furthermore last I recall NVIDIA was 'pushed' to buy back its own shares from its employees: http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=NVDA&script=460&layout=9&item_id=337910

Seems you have pretty short and quite selective (ie no-NVIDIA related) memory.

NVIDIA said:
ACOUSTIC ENGINEER (#570528) - The candidate will operate the acoustics laboratory for both standardized ISO measurements and engineering development measurements including: --- fan development --- customer support --- new graphics product qualifications --- thermal solution acoustic development and qualifications. -Work on assessing present thermal and acoustic designs important to graphics systems and provide feedback on recommended improvements that will ensure that maximum performance of future products.

Requirements:
-A Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent required with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience required. EOE Interested in talking with us? Please send your resume to hr@nvidia.com and refer to #570528 in the subject line of your email.

Required Education: Masters
Look what I found browsing the professional society's website. If I only had more education I could go be a DustBuster engineer for NV... :LOL:

Back