nVidia discrepancies in FarCry benchmarks?

Evildeus said:
Well, i don't trust a site that doesn't know the basic, and want revenge from past action. And moreover, that's not with 2 differents drivers, but with the same.

The 2 last quotes were to get rid of a certain rumor over here.

Thats uncalled for. What revenge did we want?

We posted factual results on farcry which tell 6800 users how to get a better quality Farcry experience...and if they choose to do so, what the performance hit will be.

If nothing else we were showing that the 6800 was actually better in Farcry than reviews up to that point had made out.

How often do you see sites out for revenge try to make a product look better???

Well, some sites does like renvenge state over things. I don't have Farcry, and the only trust-site i have is HFR. That doesn't mean that your scores are false, but since the "60.72 fiasco" i will take all result over DH with a grain of salt if you allow me :).

You are still trying to put the 60.72 as hack drivers whatever FM/M$ say. I think you should at least:
- acknoledge your past error
- take into consideration that the NV40 way of doing things is a "better way" according M$.
I don't see any of these. But well, it doesn't matter, i won't buy a 6800U, and i don't make my mind over 1 review/opinion.

trying not to take this off the farcry topic for too long...
...the NV way is a better render than the current Reference Rasterizer - yes. Is the overall isotropic method better from an end user IQ pov... well the 3dmark renders we included would seem to indicate that there are areas of the image which are not as high quality as others. As we mentioned - how much this matters is up to you...how much it affects each app/game will also change so again its user/app specific. Its something people should be watching out for though....

...anyway, i hope you can accept the above and look at "upcoming" DH articles with an open mind maybe we can now get back on topic...

Of, course. What type of map was the one you used for the test? Did you find out that the quality bugs when the 6800U uses the R3** path is less than with the NV3* path?

Evildeus said:
Of, course. What type of map was the one you used for the test? Did you find out that the quality bugs when the 6800U uses the R3** path is less than with the NV3* path?

I used an indoor section and an outdoor section testing. The iq/quality bugs were no longer evident (i.e. fixed) when using the R3xx path.

Evildeus said:
I don't see any of these. But well, it doesn't matter, i won't buy a 6800U, and i don't make my mind over 1 review/opinion.

I want Half Life 2, Doom3 and Far Cry (SM2.0/3.0 patch) benchmarks before i make up my mind. And perhaps a new version 3D Mark also.

For those of you who stoped doubting the ability of Nvidia to sink any lower need to rethink things...

Taken from EliteBastards.com:

Chips DE is reporting that changing the executable from "FarCry.exe" to "FartCry.exe" causes a signifigant perfomance loss on the newest nVidia drivers for their 6800 card (the "FartCry.exe" results are the top column, the regular "FarCry.exe" results are the second one):

Veridian3 said:
Evildeus said:

I used an indoor section and an outdoor section testing. The iq/quality bugs were no longer evident (i.e. fixed) when using the R3xx path.

Perhaps I missed it, but what did the speed change to when using that?

Bjorn said:
Evildeus said:

I want Half Life 2, Doom3 and Far Cry (SM2.0/3.0 patch) benchmarks before i make up my mind. And perhaps a new version 3D Mark also.
It will be interesting to see the first WHQL and qualified by FM drivers of Nv for the 6800. And yes, i do want to see some PS3 bench also.

BRiT said:
Chips DE is reporting that changing the executable from "FarCry.exe" to "FartCry.exe" causes a signifigant perfomance loss on the newest nVidia drivers for their 6800 card (the "FartCry.exe" results are the top column, the regular "FarCry.exe" results are the second one):

Some of the reviewers evoked that AA is not accessible through control panel (app detection for the game profile) but works inside the app.
Perhaps they should try not to force AA in the control panel to see a consistant behavior.

interestin update here fellas:

from the techreport review--

Unfortunately, the 61.11 beta drivers we received this past Friday night didn't behave as expected. We ticked the checkbox to disable trilinear optimizations, but our image quality tests showed that the driver didn't disable all trilinear optimizations in DirectX games. I did have time to check at least one OpenGL app, and trilinear optimizations were definitely disabled there. We will show you the image quality impact of the 61.11 drivers' odd behavior in the IQ section the review.

NVIDIA's Tony Tamasi confirmed for us that this behavior is a bug in the 61.11 drivers' control panel, and says it will be fixed………

so nvidia releases new drivers on the same day that the competiton is launching their new cards. these drivers drastically lower iq and raise performance on one of their weaker games, just in time for the x800xt reviews! and then, when the fc executable is renamed, these gains VANISH!

hmmm...interesting :?

Back