Nvidia Developer Forum (NDF)

trinibwoy

Meh
Legend
Supporter
Looks like Nvidia is really serious about establishing themselves as an even bigger player than they are now - http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37478/135/

Besides talking about existing technology, NVISION will also mark the launch of several products. So far, our sources have not disclosed which ones we can expect. However, it appears that the technology focus will revolve around the GT200 GPU and APX2500 SoC processors.

We know that Jen-Hsun wants to beat Intel's official Nehalem announcement at IDF Fall, so we would expect Nvidia to be preparing something special.

NVISION 08 will take place in San Jose from August 25-27, following the Fall 2008 Intel Developer Forum with a one-week distance.

FWIW, I expect derivatives of the APX 2500 to be announced at NVISION. On the PC side though, I've got no idea what to expect if anything.

I wonder if this would be worth going to - never been to cali before and wouldn't mind checking it out. But I'm neither a hardcore gamer or CUDA developer so I don't know how much of it would be relevant. From the looks of it so far only the keynotes and maybe the amateur BYOC LAN stuff would be interesting (and cheap :))

If any other mere mortals are thinking of attending shoot me a PM.

I'm thinking of attending myself, more precisely I was thinking of doing a multi-conference streak in August. Sadly, those damn NV folks scheduled it at the same time as Hotchips, which will likely be very interesting this year. Sigh. Anyway, no concrete plans made yet, still looking into whether it's worth the trouble.

Back