North Korea, a ticking time bomb

Legion said:
If it wasn't clear (apparently it wasn't), I was being somewhat facetious with my wording here. I was tailoring my argument to point out (in an exaggerated version of his own terms) to pax why his fear that Bush will blunder into a war with North Korea is, IMO, unfounded.

I haven't had the chance to speak with you. Needless to say i haven't much knowledge about your political positions or personality. I have oftened assumed certain individuals intentions in forums and have been wrong nearly as often. You would be surprised. I recently spoke to gentleman whom stated a belief that the Illuminati/Jews control the media. This man happened to be a professor. I assumed he was joking (for obvious reasons) later to find out he wasn't.

This is someone on these boards? :?

Legion said:

WTF? What are you implying?

What am I implying? :?
Last time I looked, implying something and asking a question are 2 different things.

I think I may be behind in the times.

Anyway, I just asked is it someone on these boards.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Legion said:

Last time I looked, implying something and asking a question are 2 different things.

im·ply ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pl)
tr.v. im·plied, im·ply·ing, im·plies
To involve by logical necessity; entail: Life implies growth and death.
To express or indicate indirectly: His tone implied disapproval. See Synonyms at suggest. See Usage Note at infer.
Obsolete. To entangle.

Also your questioned appeare Rhetorical to me.

Legion said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
Legion said:

im·ply ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pl)
tr.v. im·plied, im·ply·ing, im·plies
To involve by logical necessity; entail: Life implies growth and death.
To express or indicate indirectly: His tone implied disapproval. See Synonyms at suggest. See Usage Note at infer.
Obsolete. To entangle.

Also your questioned appeare Rhetorical to me.

Okay, you proved me right.
Is there a probability that you may be able to answer my question?

How did i prove you right? One of the examples even states tone can be used to imply meaning. By that reasoning a rhetorical question could also be used to to imply something.

Legion said:

How did i prove you right? One of the examples even states tone can be used to imply meaning. By that reasoning a rhetorical question could also be used to to imply something.

Why can't you answer my question instead of argue with me on every corner? :cry:

K.I.L.E.R said:
Legion said:

Why can't you answer my question instead of argue with me on every corner? :cry:

I didn't know you were really asking me who Dave H is - I don't know anything about him. I just got through saying that.

Calm down legion. You said "i knew a professor who thought that..." KILER asked if it was somebody on these boards.

I'm not sure what you thought he was implying. It certainly isn't plain to me, either.

Legion said:
I haven't had the chance to speak with you. Needless to say i haven't much knowledge about your political positions or personality. I have oftened assumed certain individuals intentions in forums and have been wrong nearly as often. You would be surprised. I recently spoke to gentleman whom stated a belief that the Illuminati/Jews control the media. This man happened to be a professor. I assumed he was joking (for obvious reasons) later to find out he wasn't.

Understood--it's very easy to misconstrue someone's meaning on a message board. (Hey look--you and KILER just did it again. ;)) I've done a fair amount of posting here in the General board, so I figured I could get away with a bit of sarcasm without explicitly identifying it as such. Which, in hindsight, was a rather silly thing for me to assume.

RussSchultz said:
Calm down legion. You said "i knew a professor who thought that..." KILER asked if it was somebody on these boards.

I'm not sure what you thought he was implying. It certainly isn't plain to me, either.

I thought he was implying something about Dave H.

I am not comfortable with giving out his name in the forum.

Legion said:
RussSchultz said:

I thought he was implying something about Dave H.

I am not comfortable with giving out his name in the forum.

Don't worry, I am not asking you to name names. I just wanted to know if it's time for me to find another board. :)

Back