Nobody fishing in Zelda?

I had no interest towards Wii but I think the Zelda fever is hitting me again.

Same thing over here. Played a bit yesterday, and although the amount of loading was a bit irritating, it's Zelda.

I did hear they were expecting multiple shipments before X-mas though, but numbers are the big question right now.

Same thing over here. Played a bit yesterday, and although the amount of loading was a bit irritating, it's Zelda.

I did hear they were expecting multiple shipments before X-mas though, but numbers are the big question right now.

Yeah some stores are getting shipments before christmas but all of them are fully taken. I went down to King play today and they said they are getting a shipment next week however its already taken. Well the guy asked me if I wanted to add my name to the list and he'd give me a call when a console that is free arrives. Naturally I was alright with it and asked how many people are on the line at the moment? He said I'm the 10th person so my situation isn't that bad, perhaps I'll get mine early next month! I'm prepared to wait for few months though, but if I ever see a Wii in store, I won't hesitate to grab it. :)

What kind of load times are you talking about, if I may ask? Whenever you go to the city it loads for awhile? And how long would that be? I sure hope not longer than Ocarina of time! (They weren't long, but any longer would seriously kill me.)

What kind of load times are you talking about, if I may ask? Whenever you go to the city it loads for awhile? And how long would that be?

It's not that long, but it's that old Zelda feeling all over again. It loads when you get in and out of your tree house, it loads when you leave the (small) area surrounding the house, it loads the short route to the village, and then again when you enter that, etc...

It feels like they didn't optimize that for the Wii (having more RAM - right?). I'll report back when I get my hands on the Cube version later this week.

Having just finished Gears (=loading almost non-existent), it really is a bit annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that long, but it's that old Zelda feeling all over again. It loads when you get in and out of your tree house, it loads when you leave the (small) area surrounding the house, it loads the short route to the village, and then again when you enter that, etc...

It feels like they didn't optimize that for the Wii (having more RAM - right?). I'll report back when I get my hands on the Cube version later this week.

Having just finished Gears (=loading almost non-existent), it really is a bit annoying.

Don't know about other regions, but Z:TP for cube will be out tomorrow in the US. I should be playing it this time tomorrow. :D

Ah I see. I hated that in Ocarina of time but I could still enjoy the game alot. It wasn't that bad when you first played it but after you have finished the game for like 7th time and then you have to go trough that its kinda annoying. Atleast the next Zelda will be optimized for wii!

The load times in shadow princess is so short I find it rather amazing they could annoy anyone. Seriously it doesn't really take any longer than for the screen to fade out and then in again. Amazingly short for an optical drive system.

What is transfer rate of the wii dvdrom drive anyway? It can't be very fast or it would make a terrible racket. As it is it barely hums a bit.

Peace.

Ah I see. I hated that in Ocarina of time but I could still enjoy the game alot. It wasn't that bad when you first played it but after you have finished the game for like 7th time and then you have to go trough that its kinda annoying. Atleast the next Zelda will be optimized for wii!

What particular aspect did you hate with Ocarina? (load times were NEVER an issue with N64, being cart based and all.)

What particular aspect did you hate with Ocarina? (load times were NEVER an issue with N64, being cart based and all.)

The loading I had to go trough whenever I left a house and then I remembered I forgot something. Go back, load...do what you did and load again! It wasn't that bad in the first time, and I don't hate the game at all, one of the best games IMO.

Is it me, or it's too easy to catch fish now? It was done better in OoT.
agreed, i don't know about the wii version but i found fishing in gc version extremely easy...almost to the point that it's not worth the try :mad: Thank god that these little faults that the game has (tear hunts, loading times, some of the annoying mini games, etc) aren't enough to change the fact that this game is one of the best games of this generation.

Just wanted to say that I've beaten the first 3 temples and am having a ball playing the GC version. I can't wait to see what else this game has to offer in terms of the game world; It is huge in all dimensions.;)

The way things are shaping up it might be the best 3d Zelda IMO. My only complaint is the sound of the action button constantly popping up every second. Is it necessary to hear "BLING! BLING! BLING!" everytime I'm near an object? Gadzuks, it burns me drums:!:

Holy shit this game is huge. I'm at the 20 hour mark and have chosen to just screw around and get heart pieces (via looking for rocks to be bombed hookshot targets...etc) and insects. I'm rediscovering the huge Zelda thrill (lackin in Wind Waker) of connecting broken pieces of the world map (connecting Lake Hylia and Zora Land is wicked).

Last edited by a moderator:
*picks up a discarded gauntlet and ... smirks!*

I particularly hate the owl. Whenever the owl is near, it's total loss of control and you'll not only be caught in an insultingly stupid and long dialog you not only cannot skip, but afterwards it will even throw you fiftyhundred one-way-trip miles across the world map. Because you stepped near the owl. While all you wanted to do is pass through that cave entrance the owl simply happened to be blocking with its feathery punching-bag-like body. Hate.

The stealth mission? I hate it in every game, so yeeeeeaaaaah.
That temple across the desert? I hate it.
Mounted combat? Thankfully optional. And well hated for being so haphazard.
Weak sense of overall direction and consistency. Where am I supposed to go? Everywhere again systematically, because somewhere will be the right place and riding everywhere again on a horse is ... fun.
At later stages of play it's a lot of trudging around, back-tracking to some other place, because there's so little fast travel in the game that you might as well not memorize where the owl (*sheesh*) goes.

Ocarina of Time is not a shitty game by any stretch of imagination, it does a large number of things right but such things don't mean it deserves even half of the fond memories it gets. It pales in comparison to actually excellent games. If you want to see how good a tightly designed trek-through-a-diverse-world experience can get, try Paper Mario 2 for a start. If you want to see how long-range travel can be interesting and rewarding, try, of all things, Wind Waker. Which btw kills it in some other ways too, such as puzzles that make sense. Or if you request a Zelda-esque experience but really don't want Wind Waker to win, get over the annoying first 90 minutes (and oh gawd that music in that one area ...) and learn to love a GBA or DS near you, because it allows you to play The Minish Cap, which I can't hate.

/rant

I'm fishing! I actually find it quite enjoyable. But I have a question, what's the point other than some sense of realism. I mean the actual mechanics are almost to a t, but is there an actual goal? Like is there THE fish people are striving to catch, or is it just pretty much a timewaster?

37 hours...i win....that was a long game...

37 hours?

Half the fun is collection (bugs, poes and heart pieces), will you go for that? I am 3 poes away from 60, have 1 2/5 hearts to go and all of the insects....defeated cave of ordeals. All of that is hella fun do not miss out.

37 hours?

Half the fun is collection (bugs, poes and heart pieces), will you go for that? I am 3 poes away from 60, have 1 2/5 hearts to go and all of the insects....defeated cave of ordeals. All of that is hella fun do not miss out.

i did 22 poes, i never cashed in for the reward, skipped the hero armor and bugs entirely, same with many of the mini games where you have to play them 10 times to beat them (raft ride, circus jumping). Tedious collection stuff doesnt belong in a singleplayer game, its filler, i know its filler, and it frustrates the hell out of me. I Ended up with 12 or so total hearts i think, by the end. Didnt even get near the bottom or use my spare Fairy in a Bottle for all the bosses. They supply plenty of hearts for bosses around the arena's so that in itself negates the need for side quests other than if you have tons of time to burn.

The only thing that is of real use is learning all the hidden skills.

Back