Nobody fishing in Zelda?

Hard to believe I'm the only one!

Anyway, what's up with this damn fishing? I throw my lure and I jerk my wiimote (yes, the PLASTIC one... Don't try and be funny! :)), and I catch no damn fish. Well, I caught one, but that was more by accident I guess, and the bloody cat's still not happy with me.

How on earth do I fish properly? I can't seem to find any pattern between small jerks, big jerks, quick jerks, slow jerks etc... (And again, nobody try to be funny now!)

I swear, by now I'd hook the darned cat and toss it in if only I could!

So help this one out please before he goes out of his mind, thanks.

Peace.

All you have to do is flip the wiimote up when the bobber gets pulled underwater. Give it enough slack so that this can actually happen, of course. After that it's just making sure you're not pulling when the bobber is well on its way back up.

Well, all I do is..when something tugs on it, jerk up and then reel the nunchuck round and round real fast. Maybe the nunchuck part is the bit you're missing (I didn't initially know you had to do that). You have to reel it in, quite literally using that.

Hm, it says nothing in the manual about having to reel with the nunchuck, but thanks guys, I'll try out your advice!

Btw anyone here clocked the game yet? :) (NO, I don't want any spoilers, just curious...)

Peace.

I didn't read the manual, but I saw a NOA guy doing that in a video one time. I haven't fished much at all, but the first time I caught one was the first time I tried that!

The basic fishing rod is nothing more than a stick with a string tied to the end. Just pull it back and maybe move it around a bit and you'll catch the fish. You won't need to use the nunchuk until you have a more sophisticated fishing rod in your hands.

BTW, I clocked in at about 60 hours, but I did pretty much everything except Poes. And that includes probably 10 hours just doing nothing important between various areas.

Thankyouthankyou! The pull-up trick worked perfectly and the cat got its fishy. Awesome!
Now I want my sword and shield too, haha...

Peace.

How long does the new Zelda last?

Because I am seriously thinking of buying a Wii for it. God damn it.

How long does the new Zelda last?

Because I am seriously thinking of buying a Wii for it. God damn it.

me too, however, none online (not even the "Bend over and take it!" bundles), and i cringe at the thought of going near a mall at this time of year.

And being totally realistic, it would be quite a sum to pay out basically to play one game. I havent seen anything coming out in the future i'm interested in yet and the console itself doesnt have any added bonuses. If it could at least play DVDs that would be something.

Gamecube version is suppose to be released next tuesday or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
me too, however, none online (not even the "Bend over and take it!" bundles), and i cringe at the thought of going near a mall at this time of year.

And being totally realistic, it would be quite a sum to pay out basically to play one game. I havent seen anything coming out in the future i'm interested in yet and the console itself doesnt have any added bonuses. If it could at least play DVDs that would be something.

Gamecube version is suppose to be released next tuesday or something.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking, Wii doesn't have enough games coming for it at this point that interests me. However Zelda alone could push me over the edge, however, I could always save some cash by buying a gamecube and Wind waker + This new Zelda. Gamecube should be like under 50€ by now.

Well I have to wait and see. :)

I throw my lure and I jerk my wiimote (yes, the PLASTIC one... Don't try and be funny! :))

There are non-plastic wiimotes?
boogle.gif

I could always save some cash by buying a gamecube and Wind waker + This new Zelda. Gamecube should be like under 50€ by now.
Considering how little life there's left in the cube that sounds more like throwing money away rather than saving. Besides, once another must-have comes out for the wii there won't be a GC equivalent. mario galaxy or metroid, if nothing else.

GC is dying, fast, and nintendo isn't really doing anything to stop it either. Any efforts to the contrary are token at best.

Peace.

Considering how little life there's left in the cube that sounds more like throwing money away rather than saving. Besides, once another must-have comes out for the wii there won't be a GC equivalent. mario galaxy or metroid, if nothing else.

GC is dying, fast, and nintendo isn't really doing anything to stop it either. Any efforts to the contrary are token at best.

Peace.

While I agree with your point that it would be much better use for money to buy myself a Wii. However, one must consider that I have 0 interest in Mario games, how many of these freaking games are they going to make with the same thing over and over again?

Don't get me wrong, Mario is very nice game but I haven't really enjoyed playing them after SNES.

Metroid prime was one of favourite games on SNES, but the gamecube Metroid prime really alienated me from the serie. I think it was too far from the SNES times (naturally) so it was a huge shock to me. Great game aswell but I don't really like the FPS style of it.

Which brings me to the point that I would only save around 100~ € by buying a gamecube and 2 zelda games. 100€ is however, 100€'s.

I could always wait for one of my friends to buy themselves the Wii. One question, could you play gamecube games with Wii? If so, perhaps I'd buy a Wii and play wind walker on it aswell. I dunno..

One question, could you play gamecube games with Wii? If so, perhaps I'd buy a Wii and play wind walker on it aswell. I dunno..

Yep, it's fully backwards compatible with the GCN. As far as I know even the Freeloader (region free GCN disc) works.

One question, could you play gamecube games with Wii? If so, perhaps I'd buy a Wii and play wind walker on it aswell. I dunno..
That is a great idea. The wii is much smaller (and nicer looking) than gamecube also. I have only played metroid prime on it so far, but that game ran great.

Peace.

Good to hear! Then I could justify the purchase of Wii even if there wouldn't be any interesting games for it anytime soon. Lots of gamecube games I have missed out on so perhaps its time to catch up. Perhaps get one from my next paycheck. (Not like there will be any Wii's available anytime soon.)

Tried looking for Wii's online to see which store has them and guess what it told me? Every site reported "Next shipment February 2007"! :cry:

And it would keep me busy for awhile, no hurry for me to get PS3/xbox360 at the moment because I need an HDTV first and thats gona take a while.

Tried looking for Wii's online to see which store has them and guess what it told me? Every site reported "Next shipment February 2007"! :cry:

Tried to pick one up yesterday, but they're nowhere to be found.

I know a guy who works at a distributor and they expected 600 units for launch but only reveived 50.

I'm a bit surprised by that to be honest...

Tried to pick one up yesterday, but they're nowhere to be found.

I know a guy who works at a distributor and they expected 600 units for launch but only reveived 50.

I'm a bit surprised by that to be honest...

Yeah I'm kinda surprised about this aswell that the next shipment here is supposedly February 2007, thats LONG TIME without shipments. I thought Nintendo had production under control and could ship loads of these out there. I think I'll go ask my local game stores someday next week perhaps and ask when they are expecting the next shipment.

I had no interest towards Wii but I think the Zelda fever is hitting me again.

Back