no 6800ultra Extreme, still the same 6800ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrisRay said:
Enviromental Bump mapping is useful though, it can be used with pixel shader to create some great effects, Actually many games I know of use EBM.
Very few games actually used EMBM. I can only remember two, and both used EMBM exclusively for water (Drakken and ....argh, I forget the name....some non-FPS shooter game that was benchmarked quite a lot back in the day....).

jvd said:
radar1200gs said:
They haven't yet, and if they were going to fail NV3x is probably what would have caused it.

EDIT: Besides, 3dfx's entire problem was that the market abandoned support for them. Hardly the case where nVidia is concerned.

well 3dfx put out the voodoo 3 and that was equal to the nv3x series . The nv40 will be just like the voodoo 5 :) and the nv50 will just never come out .

Of course nvidia can just keep paying devs to hold back support of advance features to keep all those who bought video cards from them for the last 2 years happy. But they wont. They will drop nv3x tech and optimzations and then push nv40 optimizing

What a load of bullshit you are spouting. nVidia isn't holding back any advanced features. They are the ones providing developers with SM3.0, standardized (OpenEXR) HDR rendering, FP textures and more, not ATi.

<deleted> see your PM's, please

ATTENTION!!!!!!

PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE....... and try to understand circle logic. You can't be in a discussion when the other person can't hear..... or think!

Chalnoth said:
ChrisRay said:
Enviromental Bump mapping is useful though, it can be used with pixel shader to create some great effects, Actually many games I know of use EBM.
Very few games actually used EMBM. I can only remember two, and both used EMBM exclusively for water (Drakken and ....argh, I forget the name....some non-FPS shooter game that was benchmarked quite a lot back in the day....).

No One Lives forever 2 uses EBM. And so will doom 3. Btw, Everquest 1 will have Enviromental Bump Mapping added when they do the retexturing of zones that they plan to do.

Everquest 2 uses ENviromental Bump Mapping for most of its texturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back