Updated ATI roadmap, LOOK NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

glawton

Newcomer
Huge emergency roadmap changes coming, released from a unspecified source.

x800 pro (12pipes) will be atis mainstream flagship soon, (as opposed to there lowend highend card) with a new msrp of 299$, it smashes the 6800 n/u while being comparitively priced.

x800 gt (or x800 xt (NOT PE PLATINUM EDITION)) (16pipes) 450mhz/or/ 475mhz core, 450/or/500 gddr3 memory. 399$ (much more on par with the 6800GT) (these will be from failed xt pe's, ones that dont make the cut, so dont expect overclocking too high)

x800 xt pe (platinum) (16pipes) 520 core, 1100 memory (already released, needs no changes really, a good card, and kinda comparable to the 6800 ultra, atleast better than they tried to compare the x800 pro to the 6800gt), 499$.

These changes along with catalyst 5, that will be released September 6th (supposedly) will retake the crown from Nvidia, and increase ATIS marketshare with these new gen cards.

Also not yet confirmed is the x800 Ultra, msrp 549$, identical to the xt pe, yet 550 core, and 600 (1200) memory, with a heavier duty cooling solution. This card is supposedly to be paper launcher on september 6th along with Catalyst 5. (This card is expected to overtake the 6800ultra yet at a 50$ price different (499 to 549), yet however is NOT expected to compete with the ultra extreme, which is extremely rare and expects to remain so)

The sources of all of this will not be named, yet come as highly reliable, which included more information that was not able to be stated in this message due to a NDA in effect.

Enjoy.

p.s. with the recent news of nvidias shares plunging it looks as though ati is trying to put their competitor out of business.

sounds all fine and dandy except 2 things

with aa and af on teh x800pro is faster than the gt in a good amount of tests .

Cat 5s are next year not sept .

Not only that but sept 6th is my birthday and my birthday allways sucks .

Isn´t most reviews using the High-quality mode on the GT´s vs ATI´s quality with AF and trilinear optimizations instead of using the quality mode on the NV40´s. I haven´t looked at that many reviews but that´s the impression i´ve got from most i have read, not really apples to apples comparison´s IMO.

Dont believe it. What happens to those who have already bought a X800 Pro? ATI has some new lifelong enemies. Theyd never do that.

glawton said:
p.s. with the recent news of nvidias shares plunging it looks as though ati is trying to put their competitor out of business.
ATI's shares have suffered the same drops in value, you know. . .

overclocked said:

Isn´t most reviews using the High-quality mode on the GT´s vs ATI´s quality with AF and trilinear optimizations instead of using the quality mode on the NV40´s. I haven´t looked at that many reviews but that´s the impression i´ve got from most i have read, not really apples to apples comparison´s IMO.

Don't see a problem comparing two cards with thier best possible image quality .

Most of the sites also do image quality tests and if they don't see a diffrence between the 6800s and the x800s when the x800s are using thier optimizations then does it really matter ?

Not to be judgemental, but we're supposed to believe someone with 4 posts and just registered today? We already know about the X800GT, but the Cat 5's coming out this year seems wrong. Seeing how its "Year.Month". 5.1 wont be till Jan 2005. I dont see why they would stray from this?

the xtpe memory is only 1100? isnt it 1120? and doesnt it already beat the ultra extreme? much less the ultra? how is it that an over clocked xt pe wont compete with the xtreme? unless you people still think that doom 3 is the be all end all.

fallguy said:
Not to be judgemental, but we're supposed to believe someone with 4 posts and just registered today? We already know about the X800GT, but the Cat 5's coming out this year seems wrong. Seeing how its "Year.Month". 5.1 wont be till Jan 2005. I dont see why they would stray from this?

Not to mention the fact that he spammed this thread across 4 different sections of the forums. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back