NForce 4 SLI boards starting to show up

Bjorn

Veteran
The NForce 4 SLI motherboards are starting to show up, not in stock though but the price are available.

And i must say that they're surpisingly cheap. The "Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Moderkort S939" are listed at komplett.se for around 160€. The Asus KT890 PCI Express (non SLI) motherboard is only 3-4 € cheaper as a comparision. And as another comparision, a MSI K8T NEO2 FIR NForce 3 S939 board goes for 127€.

Makes me wonder what the cheaper versions of the NForce 4 chipset will cost. It'll be a serious battle on the low-mid end that's for sure. On the one hand we have Ati with the IGP and very good (if not the best) overclocking capabilities. Then we have the NForce 4 which seems to be cheap (based on the top SLI model) with very good performance and the best featureset. I wonder where that leaves f.e VIA.

First place I've seen them advertised in the UK is Overclockers.co.uk. They are advertising the same motherboard (pre-order) at £ 160 + VAT - equivalent to about 230 Euros + VAT!

Not cheap at all here!

The SLI boards are suspiciously cheap here so perhaps komplett.se has made a mistake (prices are for the non SLI boards f.e). But i guess we'll now soon enough.

any spottings in the US yet? i am going to buy an ASUS SLi board, and need one fast.

Sage said:
any spottings in the US yet? i am going to buy an ASUS SLi board, and need one fast.

You're not going to wait for reviews of the boards or independent analysis of SLI performance first? Why the big rush?

Even with good reviews I'm not too interested in buying rev 0.9 of a new chipset. I bought an early Chaintech NF2 board then an early A7N8X (also NF2) and both are flakey. I also bought a 9700 Pro early and got one of the early batches that have some issues.

This time I'm waiting!

Mize said:
Even with good reviews I'm not too interested in buying rev 0.9 of a new chipset. I bought an early Chaintech NF2 board then an early A7N8X (also NF2) and both are flakey. I also bought a 9700 Pro early and got one of the early batches that have some issues.

This time I'm waiting!

True but a big part of the complex logic in mobo chipsets (memory controller) is no longer present for the A64 platform. So hopefully that means more focus and higher QA on the other features.

trinibwoy said:
Sage said:

You're not going to wait for reviews of the boards or independent analysis of SLI performance first? Why the big rush?

because i currently have a $500 AGP viddy card that I won't be able to take back after ~Dec 2nd. That means I have a small window in which to get a PCI-E system.

Sage said:
because i currently have a $500 AGP viddy card that I won't be able to take back after ~Dec 2nd. That means I have a small window in which to get a PCI-E system.

Hmmm well even if there are SLI boards available by then you sure will be a guinea pig. Why not just take back the card on Dec 2 and remain 'offline' till SLI is available :p

trinibwoy said:
Sage said:

Hmmm well even if there are SLI boards available by then you sure will be a guinea pig. Why not just take back the card on Dec 2 and remain 'offline' till SLI is available :p

well ima do single-board first and then I'll have the option to go SLi if I choose to later.

I hadn't browsed the hardware sites in a while and I just came across those four today. They're pretty old too - around the 22nd and 23rd. Didn't see any discussion on them on this board though. I guess SLI isn't far enough beyond3D for the folks here :LOL:

yeah, me too! i have to take this GF 6800 back to Fry's Saturday... which means i'll be DX9-less until i can get a PCIe system!

Does ATI really have the best overclocking, while still offering the same performance as nforce 4 sli when at the same speeds?

Hmm, I always thought the nforce boards had the best by far(about the same as via on the cpu, but much better on the memory), and I assumed it was due to only having 1 chip on the motherboard instead of a north and south bridge.

Back