New Splinter Cell 4 Screens

We're talking about Double Agent, right?
The latest 1up show has lots of Double Agent footage, some 23 minutes into the show. That IMO is very real time, in-game etc.

They are definately not ingame, just compare with the latest videos or other shots, there are worlds between these shots and real realtime shots...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are definately not ingame, just compare with the latest videos or other shots, there are worlds between these shots and real realtime shots...

Hype machine 2006.

dsc08653aq0.jpg

Here's a picture someone took from the demo. It looks great however not anything like the pictures posted by the thread starter.

dsc08683nb6.jpg

The lighting looks awesome in this shot.

Yes that video was, these screenshots above are not.
Yeah, that was kinda implied. I basically forgot to say that anyone with a deep desire to find out what the real-time graphics look like in this game can go watch the 1up show. Much more effective than staring at the images in the OP.

Those MasterDisaster's screenshots (No3 & No4 ) are from the Africa level and when i compare them with other official released screenshots from the same level i cant see any difference aside from the motion blur on the explosion screenshot.

Here are 3 of them:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4416/03xj4.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1594/02oq9.jpg
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8241/01qa6.jpg

Edit: Here also you can see a explosion (crapy quality) gif.
http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/8654/explosion1adw4.gif

First review from ign.
Great visuals, animations, storie depth but not locked at 30 :cry:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/739/739175p1.html

Closing Comments
The preview builds for Double Agent were tough to get a good read on because so many little things hadn't gelled yet. But the final retail versions, which we played, show Double Agent's full promise. The game came together. The layers of animation boast an excellent looking and moving Sam Fisher. Ubisoft uses an array of color schemes and shows them off in all sorts of beautiful-looking levels. The Shanghai team perhaps uses too much high-dynamic range and bloom lighting, but the game still offers stunning visuals as exemplified in the icy underwater passages of Okhotsk, the scenic views of Shanghai, and the war-torn streets of Kinshasa.

All sorts of improvements have been made to level design, AI, gameplay mechanics (which are simplified yet still require skill), and a meaningful storyline punctuated with directed moments. While some may argue the point, the new Mercs Vs. Spies mode is good fun and should prove to have legs on Xbox Live. The game still loads slowly and it slips below 30 FPS in both single and multiplayer (in fact there is already an auto-update patch to eliminate the MP lag). But overall, Double Agent is a major leap forward for the series and, at least in my opinion, gets better and better the more I play it.

1el6.jpg

If the last round of screenshots are real I think it looks pretty good. Not my kind of game (neither is MGS), but it certainly looks like it should be a good addition to the series.

Nite_Hawk

The game looks great.It is kind of shocking that it is based on the CT engine.Ubi Shangai did a wonderfull job,IMo.The outdoor levels look at least as good as GRAW's.

It seems that Ubi can do no wrong with the SC series,4 great(over 90%) games in four years!!I wonder how SC5 will look....

9.0 for graphics and an unsteady 30fps? :rolleyes: *sigh*

Guess I'll have to play the game for real.:p

Wow, a 9.0? Seems like there are some "sleeper" titles out there that are worth a look if you are interested in the genre. Seems MP and AI have improved and has a good story. Not a bad combo for SC fans (never played one myself).

As for the frame rate, occassional drops is dissappointing, I guess the real question is "what is occassional?" It doesn't seem to have bugged them enough on the whole. I know watching direct feed choppiness was most common when stationary and quickly panning the camera.

Wow, a 9.0? Seems like there are some "sleeper" titles out there that are worth a look if you are interested in the genre. Seems MP and AI have improved and has a good story. Not a bad combo for SC fans (never played one myself).

As for the frame rate, occassional drops is dissappointing, I guess the real question is "what is occassional?" It doesn't seem to have bugged them enough on the whole. I know watching direct feed choppiness was most common when stationary and quickly panning the camera.

Huh? Splinter cell game, a sleeper hit? Did I misunderstand your post? :)

I think it was already known that the game would get 8-9 rating. Hardly a sleeper hit to me, though I don't really like splinter cell all that much, the story usually doesn't interest me but the gameplay is rather solid + the graphics are usually top notch.

I guess if you consider you haven't played splinter cell games before, it could be considered a sleeper hit.

Huh? Splinter cell game, a sleeper hit? Did I misunderstand your post? :)
Acert didn't say sleeper hit. I think he was referring to the point that this game hasn't had a great deal of noise, yet looks to be very good; a title that's mostly been flying under the radar.

Acert didn't say sleeper hit. I think he was referring to the point that this game hasn't had a great deal of noise, yet looks to be very good; a title that's mostly been flying under the radar.

Ah I see. I think it needs no hype machine to be sold, people know what it is anyway. Thus I guess there was little to none advertising going on for this game. Infact I had no idea when was this game going to be released until now.

I have the game right now and just finished the first few levels. I can tell you a lot of those shots aren't prerendered (the majority of them might be from cutscenes). I just did the skydive and the corresponding pictures are what you see rendered in realtime :)

Back