New Mistwalker RPG: Cry On

mckmas8808 said:
Oh we all know that Playstation are the kings of RPGs, so we will get plenty on the PS3.

Yes that goes without saying, but if the 360 has a window of time where it's getting soem good next-gen exclusives while Sony's RPG arsenal is still mainly PS2 in nature, some might be suaded. Not to say of course that an RPG's platform matters *too* much, regardless of generation, but I mean we all agree that these visuals thus far are quite nice.

xbdestroya said:
Yes that goes without saying, but if the 360 has a window of time where it's getting soem good next-gen exclusives while Sony's RPG arsenal is still mainly PS2 in nature, some might be suaded. Not to say of course that an RPG's platform matters *too* much, regardless of generation, but I mean we all agree that these visuals thus far are quite nice.

Oh no doubt these visuals can make a girl moist. The graphics look great, but I wonder what games like Rogue Galaxy, Grandia, or FFXIII will look next gen? We have to assume and give these devs the benefit of the doubt that they will be beautiful.

And lets not forget that we have seen one RPG for the PS3 which is Endless Saga. Click here for the video. ----> http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/761/761165/vids_1.html

mckmas8808 said:
Oh no doubt these visuals can make a girl moist. The graphics look great, but I wonder what games like Rogue Galaxy, Grandia, or FFXIII will look next gen? We have to assume and give these devs the benefit of the doubt that they will be beautiful.

Riiight, but what I'm saying is if FFXXIII and Grandia Extreme Reloaded come out in 2007, 2008 and some of 360's come out in 2006, some Japanese may feel that they can kill the year or so by purchasing the 360 and playing some of those titles. I'm just speculating here obviously - clearly I imagine most Japanese would just wait for the PS3's RPG's or the 'inevitable' ports to PS3, but any hole left by Sony in their line-up is a *possible* hoel Microsoft can use to gain traction.

Their launch hasn't gone all that great in Japan thus far, but some strong RPG's may improve the story before the story ends.

xbdestroya said:
Riiight, but what I'm saying is if FFXXIII and Grandia Extreme Reloaded come out in 2007, 2008 and some of 360's come out in 2006, some Japanese may feel that they can kill the year or so buy purchasing the 360 and playing some of those titles. I'm just speculating here obviously - clearly I imagine most Japanese would just wait for the PS3's RPG's or the 'inevitable' ports to PS3, but any hole left by Sony in their line-up is a *possible* hoel Microsoft can use to gain traction.

Their launch hasn't gone all that great in Japan thus far, but some strong RPG's may improve the story before the story ends.

Oh agreed. Me and you are on the same page here. I just think you are asking that question only because Sony hasn't made any big announcements yet to what games are coming out (specific title names) and when they will be coming out.

It's more of the pre-CES and pre-Feburary Sony event feelings. I was thinking the same things the other day. Then I remembered that I asked the same questions before E3 to myself like "what if Sony has nothing to show", "MS probably has more to show because their alpha kits have been out way longer", and "Sony will take E3 forgranted because they think that all they have to do is show up due to their huge lead in the console area."

I think in March alot of your questions and feelings will change. And after this years E3 we will be having a different convo.

mckmas8808 said:
Oh we all know that Playstation are the kings of RPGs, so we will get plenty on the PS3.
You mean the king of JAPANESE RPGs right???Cause i see some "small" companies like bioware being xbox360-exclusive and some "smal" games like Elder Scrolls IV coming out on the microsoft console.l

fulcizombie said:
You mean the king of JAPANESE RPGs right???Cause i see some "small" companies like bioware being xbox360-exclusive and some "smal" games like Elder Scrolls IV coming out on the microsoft console.l

Now I mean the kings of Earth's RPGs. Give me five top notch RPGs that MS will have exclusively right now and I can give you five better ones that Sony will have for the PS3.

mckmas8808 said:
Now I mean the kings of Earth's RPGs. Give me five top notch RPGs that MS will have exclusively right now and I can give you five better ones that Sony will have for the PS3.

I guess it depends what kind of RPGs one likes, you can't say FF12 or whatever is better than oblivion as they are far far apart from each other when it comes to gameplay...

mckmas8808 said:

I don't know, Bioware is pretty good at what they do. Knights of the Old Republic has an average score of 94.9% on Gamerankings.com and I fully expect their new stuff to be even better, like Mass Effect. Jade Empire felt like it was crammed/shoehorned into running on the Xbox, small areas and stuff like that, so nextgen-stuff from BioWare might turn out really nice. Pandemic has some nice talent working for them and I think that might improve their games even more.

Oblivion might also be a big hit and Bethesda might also release Fallout 3 for the 360, it shares the same engine from what I've read, but that's just speculation from my side, nothing has really been said about the new Fallout.
Project New Jersey might just become awesome and if Microsoft acts fast it might even be exclusive to the 360. Speaking of Obsidian, they've said that they would love to do another Knights of the Old Republic and this time they might just have time to wrap up the game.
Fable had some good things going and a sequel might just make the game more complete.

Sure, it's all a heap of speculation, but I think the Xbox 360 might become a really nice platform for western RPGs(also known as 'the best RPGs' :)).
So now I hereby proclaim that Xbox 360 will have the 'best' RPGs and if you retort with "Final Fantasy 13-15" and "Dragon Quest 9-10" I will strike you down with my flawless rhetoric and say "but they suck".

mckmas8808 said:

The best RPG released last generation was an xbox exclusive, KOTOR. xbox may not have many RPG's, but it has a couple that are pure gold, PS2 has many may rpg´s, but 95% of them are shite.

xbox is the console of choice if you really like western rpg's, ps2 hands down for jrpg's, well i don't think xbox has oe real jrpg, sudeki doesn't count

Back