New Laptop (help!)

They do - but you have to opt for it by choosing the "+" display (WXGA+ vs. WXGA). Definitely worth the $50.

I've had a few Sony's (3) and the only thing bad I can say is that they have too much bloatware and phone-home "support" apps. I have one that is noticeably faster now that I put Ubuntu linux on it :)

Oops...my bad the wxga+ is just higher res (1440).

Agree on getting WXGA+ (1680x1050) and not integrated graphic!! T5600 is different to T7200 a lot, at least 1st is 1.83GHz to 2GHz and 2nd is 2MB cache to 4MB cache!! I would suggest you go for T7200 to T5600 if you can do it.

They do - but you have to opt for it by choosing the "+" display (WXGA+ vs. WXGA). Definitely worth the $50.

I've had a few Sony's (3) and the only thing bad I can say is that they have too much bloatware and phone-home "support" apps. I have one that is noticeably faster now that I put Ubuntu linux on it :)

Wait wait, i can't find the ones with the +!!

STOP

Give yourself 24Hours before you buy anything.
Impulse action (specially when buying things) can sometimes be regretable.

I'm quite happy with the Sony Laptop that work bought for me.
Because I've never once heard a good thing about a Sony computer. Not once, which is pretty amazing.
Now you can't say that any more. :)

Oooh that's good news!
Indeed, good news. And looks like Toshiba has some Xblack like LCD too. From the link above:
In addition, the high-gloss, anti-reflective technology marketed as HP Compaq BrightView is identical to the anti-reflective technology being marketed as Sony XBRITETM, X-black and Clear Bright; Toshiba TruBrightTM and Clear SuperView as well as product names marketed by other laptop brands.

If you would expect your laptop to last long... Acer is not my choice!! There appears that Acer laptop cassy (plastic) will aging faster than any!! Most of my friend will get broken hinge and crack after a year (if you are the guy who seem to open or snap your laptop so often). Anyway, this will not appear for the high price Acer range but mostly appears on the lower price range. Asus spec sounds great but I do not sure about the price... look a bit higher than the HP you posted before. Anyway, if you can get a discrete graphic within the budget you perfer... go for it!!

After making a deal, please do not look back on any online shop for at least 2 or 3 months... it may break your heart :devilish:

Back