New Gameinformer cover: new game exclusive announcement (Kane and Lynch)

spdistro

Banned
cov_160_mres.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200607/N06.0714.1451.40179.htm

Xbox 360 , PC = Kane and Lynch: Dead Men from the creators of Hitman and Freedom Fighters

I dig the cover, only if the game would look that good. Sounds like a cool game concept. Might have some competition with Army of Two though.

Is that Michael Ironsides and the bad guy from Over The Top?

Freedom Fighter's was an awsome game.

Two good franchises. It could be challenging to combine the squad figting of Freedom Fighers and the interactivity of Hitman. Hopefully that means it'll have a lot variety. I'm getting a hard-on just thinking of the multiplayer.

OtakingGX said:
Who cares about that? Turok is back!

After the last Turok I don't know if anyone should be excited about that announcement.

Anyway, back on topic:

Hopefully, some screens are released in the coming weeks, I really enjoyed the Hitmans.

Bad_Boy said:
I dig the cover, only if the game would look that good.

The guy who did that cover is a friend and ex-collegue of mine ;) Really talented artist...

Laa-Yosh said:
The guy who did that cover is a friend and ex-collegue of mine ;) Really talented artist...

I'm not sure, but isn't Jim Malmros one of the programmers working on this game? If I recall correctly, after the NWO game flopped, some of the artists left to join IO and later on Jim joined. At least this is what I gathered from some forum postings a long time ago.

Laa-Yosh said:
Can you ask him why the guy is targetting with what appears to be a blind eye? ;)

There wasn't enough time to re-render the face, he only had 12 days for the entire thing. And he isn't using the scope anyway, the scene is supposed to be set in a bank, with a crowd of people, so he doesn't really have to aim :)

Dunno about the IO programmers though, haven't been to Denmark yet. They have people from around the world so Jim Malmros might be there as well.

From the Game Informer magazine:

"As an Eidos representative cryptically stated, the game is 'Xbox 360 and PC for sure, with more to follow.'"

PlayStation 3 version on the way? ;)

I suppose, Doesnt really look like Wii level graphics.
But I'll wait for further news before I start speculating. :p

Just thought I mention this, an Eidos guy showed a trailer of some sort today during his seminar at GCDC in Leipzig, nothing too exciting really. Didn't hear properly if it was the actual trailer they'll be showing during GC in two days or not, but atleast the CG part was unimpressive. The in-game footage in the trailer looked ok.

I might be mistaken (the room was packed, arrived late and had to sit way back on the floor) but I think the plot involves K&L avenging the death of some girl's father.

Back