New FX review - Guru3d

Silent_One

Newcomer
http://content.guru3d.com/article.php?cat=review&id=22&pagenumber=1
Conclusion.....
I know it has a really rough time and is criticized a lot during it's introduction but if I take a honest look at the results then well let's just say that I'm definitely happy with what I'm seeing right now. It's in most cases the fastest thing available right now, and although it will cost you quite a sum of money I dare to state that if you are such an enthusiast gamer with the means to buy high end and have the dough to spend then you will definitely like this new generation chipset. NVIDIA has proven it in the past and will likely do it again, their products tend to get faster with new Detonator driver releases and it probably won't be long before it passes the Radeon 9700 Pro in most cases performance wise. That by itself is not a fact though, keyword here is 'might' get faster. Next to all this, the product is extremely stable and installation as always with any NVIDIA product went like a breeze. What else do you need to keep in mind ? ATI's R350 product is to be announced in two weeks and that product will likely beat this GeForce FX 5800 Ultra easily at the same price, this is the reality people. Competition has never been so fierce. Rumors also state that NV35 already has taped out. What a crazy year this is going to be.

Back