New Fatal Inertia Screens

I think the environments look pretty good. Not the greatest, but for a game like this they are very good.

Everything else looks pretty crappy though.

The screens arent that much impressive. But the trailer looked miles better. I havent seen a HD video of it though

considering these blow by at like 200mph, I'm sure it will look pretty nice. Nothing amazing though, and laughable compared to the target render.

Definite improvement on the stuff shown before, nothing spectacular and like many have said it'll surely look better in motion.

The maps seem a bit puzzling though, wonder if you're supposed to fly through all checkpoints but you can select in which order?

What is looking so awful in this pictures from an technical view ?..

The only thing i noticed was the lack of shadows and the enviriment/mountains look a bit low poly. other than that i think they are pretty good.

Looks pretty good now, and mainly the textures. I mean there wasn't any hope for this game and now it suddenly looks acceptable. Not great or anything.

Feels and looks mediocre/average.
The screenshots with the tropical environment have a really simple water shader, and looks crappy to, some fog bellow the water would add some visual depth, the sceneries could use a bit more vegetation to hide the low poly and some texture paterns (im refering only to the tropical one).

-off-topic-
Remember that jetski water racing game for PS2? wave racer or something (there was a version for the N64 also i think). I'd wish to see how that would look like running on the PS3 or X360 is there any in development?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is looking so awful in this pictures from an technical view ?...
From art-style, it's simplistic and garish IMO. The models lack class and the use of primary colours sets everything up in a Primary School mode. Now that wouldn't matter if you had a decent lighting engine, but this game hsan't got one. Take this image...
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/220/reviews/930023_20060809_screen009.jpg

Dark sky above, supposedly glowing red lava below. Yet the lava (which looks decidely like a flat surface with a flat texture) isn't contributing any light to the scene while you have substantial light from some other source. The look is one of poor composition with the vehicles not fitting in with the environments. Flat-shaded foliage doesn't help either.
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/220/reviews/930023_20060809_screen007.jpg

Varying the intensity of each bush model based on how much environment light is there wouldn't be a hard thing to do and would make a great deal of difference. Even the effects are lacking pzazz. That blotchy particulate smoke is very unconvincing.

If they fixed up the lighting engine then it would look okay at speed with everything else the same, but these stills look rough.

Feels and looks mediocre/average.
-off-topic-
Remember that jetski water racing game for PS2? wave racer or something (there was a version for the N64 also i think). I'd wish to see how that would look like running on the PS3 or X360 is there any in development?
Wave Race: Blue Storm on gamecube. Something like Kameo's water looked amazing so I'd imagine a jet ski game would look really good.

The game may not look too great in terms of graphics and art, but I get very excited when thinking about a game as good as Wipeout2097. Those were golden days of gaming. :cool:

Back