New Batman Begins trailer

london-boy said:
PC-Engine said:

Why?

There's gonna be a real standard once Sony and Toshiba unify the formats. HDDVD and BlueRay are dead as separate entities.

What I meant was that it will be released this year on HD DVD whether the formats are unified by that time or not. HD DVD player etc. are still on schedule to release this year no matter what happens as will the 85 HD DVD movies. Batman Begins is among those 85 titles. This is fact. The HDDVDPRG are well aware of these negotiations being a potential stall tactic on behalf of the BDA.

I am certainly looking forward to this film, not because of Christian Bale [who i have no problem with since he is the Original Gramaton Cleric ;)] but because its being directed by a pretty adept director [Christoper Nolan] who was responsible for the twisted Momento with Guy Pierce [Mike from neibours] and the always excellent Joe Pantaliano as well as the minging Carrie Ann Moss.....yuk. Like all Batman Franchise in movies there has always been a director that had brought forth a particular Visual style, we had Tim Burton with a German Expressionistic visual aesthetic, more or less telling its narrative visually using cast and attach shadows, a Burton Motif [no point mentioning what films he dones, i know you guys know already], then it went in a different direction with Joel Schumacher with his almost camp sensory overload that is the Forever and Robin series by trying to capture the zeigiest of Batman of the 50's.......and filed miserably [i don't belive this is the guy who did, The lost Boys, Falling Down 8mm, Flatlineers and a Time to kill to name a few], they were truely awful films [in comparision to the first two prequels] although Batman Forever wasn't to bad thanks to the excellent performance from Jim Carey, but Batman and Robin felt like "a 2 hour toy commercial]. Now we have Batman Begins, and one has to wonder what signature Christopher Nolan will add to the film...will it be a carefully constructed narratives of flashback or a particular visual aesthetic, eitherway i look forward to it.

Memento (directed by Nolan) is one of the best films ever so here's hoping the Batman films retains a fraction of his style and panache...

I am a serious Batman fan and boy I cannot wait for this movie and for in fact the other summer movies coming out! The trailer looks badass!! I love that finally a brooding Batman has been brought back to the screen YEESH! Batman and Robin blew chunks!!!

Oh and the Batmobiles in movie 1 and 2 and 3 rocked!!!! The Tumbler looks awesome thought!!!

Back