New batches of 360s this week/weekend

dukmahsik

Banned
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2005-11-28-xbox-second-round_x.htm

Microsoft's Molly O'Donnell says the company has "a weekly replenishment strategy." The first follow-up shipment "is on the way, and it should be on retailers' shelves by the end of the week or for the weekend."...

...Still, Richard Doherty of tech consulting firm Envisioneering Group gives Microsoft an "A" grade for the launch so far. "It could be an A plus if they pull through Christmas with this just being misuse or a misconception," Doherty says. "Do you want to wait six more months for an A plus? Not the gamers I saw in line on Tuesday."

Microsoft gets an "A" for "Aweful". It's "New Release Tuesday" and retailers are still empty-handed. MS has until Friday in my book.

Being an asshole isn't as fun as I thought it was. I'll stop. But still, Friday. The new Family Guy DVD should hold me until then.

Alpha_Spartan said:
Being an asshole isn't as fun as I thought it was. I'll stop. But still, Friday. The new Family Guy DVD should hold me until then.
Thanks for the reminder! I can't wait till I play season 4 on my Xbox 360. Whoo-hoo! :devilish:

.Sis

PS Ok, I apologize. That was just mean.

Alpha_Spartan said:
Okay, I'll relax by playing by brand new Xbox 36...wait a minute I STILL DON'T HAVE ONE!!! *Sits in corner*
Wah.

I managed to get a premium system and I got the whole run-around too. I preordered at my EB back at the end of May/early June. Probably a month or so before launch I went back in to put some more money down on the system ($200, so now my balance was $250). The guy checked the list and said I was 14th in line. I called back a week or two later to check on my status after I heard there might be less consoles than expected. I was told I was 15th in line (what??!!) and that they were only getting 14 systems in (all premiums by the way). I guess they let a friend cut in line or something :rolleyes: Anyway, he said I should come in and pay the system off so I would have a better chance of getting it on launch day. I did so and preordered a couple games and the play and charge kit.

I was now the swing man. If the 14 people ahead of me all paid off their systems in full by Monday evening (21st) I'd be SOL. If just one of them didn't come in and pay it off I'd instantly move up a spot and get the system. I was called in the middle of the week before launch and was told I still had a chance, but was on second shipment otherwise. I was then called the evening before launch and given the good news. One person didn't come in and pay their system off. I went in the morning shortly after they opened (8AM) and picked up my stuff :smile:

Qroach said:
your store got more units JVD?

Yup , more than just us . The store in garden state got 8 units , The one on route 17 north by paramus park mall got in 2 and a core , the one on 17 south by paramus park got in 6 , the one on 17 south by the lowes (another 4 miles down the road) got in 4 i believe .

Then in willowbrook mall the outside gamestop(funcoland) got in 10 , the upstairs gamestop got in 3 and the one downstairs got in 3 .

Sorry these are all the numbers i know as i know people that work in these stores and they are on my budy list right now .

I heard the factory burned down and no more will ship until 2007.

Sorry Alpha, that about wraps it up for you.

This probably applies to this thread as well
http://blogs.msdn.com/xbox/

Replenishment Units Are On The Ground: Also, there are reports of some retailers saying they won’t have units for weeks or months. Also not true (in most cases). My theory is that some people might be tired of the constant calls, so they’ve made something up to get people to quit calling. We are shipping units constantly (we have chartered 747’s regularly flying in with units). Some retailers have a backorder wait list, and might not have units that will be on shelf for some time, and some retailers might allocate more units to one store over another, but all stores that have placed orders are getting replenishments regularly.

In fact, we have confirmation that units are on the ground and on their way to retailers this week. When those will go from our warehouses to retailer warehouses, then to retailer locations is largely up to those retailers, so there’s no easy way to say which store will get product on which day. You should call your local retailer to find out. We remain on track to ship 2.75 to 3.0 million consoles in the first 90 days.

scooby_dooby said:
Oh Bill, what would B3D be without your bubbling sense of optimism...

I'm actually just playing along with all the doom and gloom..since in the end it doesn't matter :LOL:

I was out at Best Buy and saw some interesting 360 accesories..third party component HD cables for $20..and a third party controller..looked just like the regular if not smaller..but wasn't priced..

Hopefully the third party stuff drives some costs down..wish they'd get third party mem cards..also bought a ten dollar faceplate which doesn't actually look very cool..I got black but since the whole system isn't black..I dont think it'll amount to much..plus the power button is still white which I hate.

I thought you had to buy the $40 cables if you had a HDTV..now that you can do it for 20, it's almost not a bad deal if you miss out on the premium pak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back