Nero Vision - Write to hard drive

Scott_Arm

Legend
Ok, I wanted to make a DVD image. I used Nero Vision and set up a DVD with menus for a bunch of videos on my hard drive. When I got to the last step where it asked me where I wanted to burn to, I selected "Write to hard drive folder," or something like that, because I thought it would create a DVD image so I'd be able to make multiple copies. All I ended up with was a folder full of VOB, IFO and BUP files. Is there some way I can burn these onto a DVD?

Scott_Arm said:
Ok, I wanted to make a DVD image. I used Nero Vision and set up a DVD with menus for a bunch of videos on my hard drive. When I got to the last step where it asked me where I wanted to burn to, I selected "Write to hard drive folder," or something like that, because I thought it would create a DVD image so I'd be able to make multiple copies. All I ended up with was a folder full of VOB, IFO and BUP files. Is there some way I can burn these onto a DVD?

What you did was write the files that would normally be on the DVD to a hard drive folder. To use these, start Nero Burning Rom, create a DVD Video project, and then drag the video_ts folder on your hard drive to the root directory of your project, and burn the DVD.

What you intended to do was make an image file of the whole disk. To do this in Nerovision, you should have selected "image recorder" from the recorder options. I can't remember if you can configure this from Nerovision or if you have to configure it from Nero Burning Rom, but this actually creates an image disk (might be a .NRG or a .BIN).

Back