Need help

Did you take a can of air and blew all the nasty dust out of your PC? Did you check the fans? And did you swap the PSU?

In 95% of all cases, the problems you have are caused by overheating or a bad PSU, just as everyone said. ;)

_xxx_ said:
Could be, but it's not very probable. Mobos rarely go bad.

I disagree, mobos can often go bad (but mostly old cheap ones, and most hardware problems by far are PSU or RAM).

here it seems obviously to be the PSU. Qtec = noname. the PSU that came with my noname case lasted for six monthes, and my father's one only one month.
simplest way to monitor is Speedfan, put the +12V, +5V and +3.3V in the "charts" tab, game for a few minutes and see how bad it is.

my recommended PSU is this one
http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00029153.html

I started to think, that this problem is caused by incompatability of Corsair mem. and DFI MBs.
I went through the internet and found that DFI MBs don't like Corsair memory.
But it's funny, that I get this mem. about 2 months ago, and this problem appeared only 2 weeks ago. I don't know...
I sent a letter to Corsair. Interesting what he will advise.

Matas said:
I started to think, that this problem is caused by incompatability of Corsair mem. and DFI MBs.
I went through the internet and found that DFI MBs don't like Corsair memory.
But it's funny, that I get this mem. about 2 months ago, and this problem appeared only 2 weeks ago. I don't know...
I sent a letter to Corsair. Interesting what he will advise.

Really? I've had zero problems with my Infinity SLI and PT4000 set. Maybe certain RAM?

Have you tried logging the voltages in your PC? If these are fine, last thing to try is testing with another RAM in your PC.

Get some program like MBM and set it up to monitor the voltages and write them into a log file every couple of seconds in the background, so you can trace them up to the point where it crashes. There you can see if the PSU produces any voltage drops at some point, which could be the reason for the crashes. Or it would remove the PSU from the list of possible reasons at least.

But PC is crashing even in "idle" mode, when PSU isn't heaped.
I noticed that, when I'm running with one RAM stick PC is crashing not so often.

If your power supply is going bad, yes, it will crash all the time. Get a voltage monitor program, and have it record the voltages over a fairly long period of time. If you notice any significant fluctuations, particularly just before a crash, then the power supply is at least part of the problem (though from your experience with the memory it seems RAM may also be a problem: it just seems unlikely that both sticks would go bad at the same time without some external cause).

The program you use doesn't matter at all. It's merely presenting the values for these things that the motherboard is reporting. Just get one with a graph feature, so that you don't miss a spike just from looking away from the computer for a bit.

In idle mode +12V voltages are hopping from 11.7 to 11.8.
During the NFSU2, the voltages were between 11.55 - 11.6

Matas said:
In idle mode +12V voltages are hopping from 11.7 to 11.8.
During the NFSU2, the voltages were between 11.55 - 11.6
I don't think that should be enough to cause system instability. But the real litmus test is viewing the graph while the system crashes (does the app you're using allow you to place the temperature monitor graph on top of all windows?). An alternative would be to tell the program to log the voltages, and examine the results after a crash.

Back