Naughty Dog's New IP (Pics)

best way I can describe it is that it almost looks real. i would compare it to toy story 1 for sure. at least character models approach that level. check out the lines in the guy's palm!

No offense, but that doesn't look anywhere near real (nor does it seem to be trying to)

I really can't stand the look of it, actually (I won't say "plastic" but the entire screens give off this weird sheen... ugh...)

I like the look, has a very orginal feel to it. If pitfall became next gen, I think it would be something like this, minus the wild animals? I'd like to see more variation in there, basically too much green, get some nice wild flowers growing in there. (im starting to sound like bob ross lol)

I think crysis's jungles do look alot better, but this doesnt look bad by far. Borderline CG id say (infact from the conference low quality stream i thought it was all cg) I'm interested in seeing more of this.

naughty dog is doing a fine job imo.

In motion I thought it looked fantastic, but the still screens look somewhere between awesome and okay (depending on the screen).

Curious about the gameplay and such.

mckmas8808 said:
Laa-Yosh what do you think of this game? Could it be real?

Why wouldn't it be? There is nothing here we haven't seen in games like Crysis, what was so impressive to me about this clip were the animations.

scooby_dooby said:
Why wouldn't it be? There is nothing here we haven't seen in games like Crysis, what was so impressive to me about this clip were the animations.
ah yes, i forgot all about those animations. very nice stuff.

mckmas8808 said:
Ahhh I hate to say it but after watching that video, I think that this game's jungle can give Crysis a run for its money.
I dunno, id say they are pretty damn close. This may sound weird, but its almost if this game and crysis have two different styles in approaching a jungle. I'm loving both. Both are two games that look great graphically, and I'll leave it at that.

Besides graphics, I'd like to know more about the storyline around this game. And when is it coming out? :D

Bad_Boy said:
I dunno, id say they are pretty damn close. This may sound weird, but its almost if this game and crysis have two different styles in approaching a jungle. I'm loving both. Both are two games that look great graphically, and I'll leave it at that.

Besides graphics, I'd like to know more about the storyline around this game. And when is it coming out? :D

It doesn't even have a name... so I'd imagine probably awhile? :p

Of course, we could very well hear a lot more about it once E3 officially begins.

mckmas8808 said:
Laa-Yosh what do you think of this game? Could it be real?

I don't know since nobody actually played the game and all we saw was footage, it could very well be sped-up realtime (just like HS last year). Maybe their frame rates weren't stable enough at this point in development.
Anyway the animation were really great and smooth. I am wondering how the control scheme works because some moves were pure extravaganza.

mckmas8808 said:
Ahhh I hate to say it but after watching that video, I think that this game's jungle can give Crysis a run for its money.

At quick glance they look comparable..but I just went back and looked at a crysis vid and..ya know.
I think it has almost as much foliage..but its night and day in terms of lighting and textures.

Bad_Boy said:

I think because this ND jungle game looks a bit more cartoony than Crysis. I like both approaches as well.

mckmas8808 said:
I think because this ND jungle game looks a bit more cartoony than Crysis. I like both approaches as well.
Yeah I can agree with that, both look amazing.

Back