Naruto debuts in America tonight, in english!

2 things giving me a bad feeling about the series:
--number of reaction shots
--number of flashbacks

please tell me that they dont abuse it as the series goes on.

epic

Gaara is voiced by the guy who voices brock from pokemon, I can't wait to see how he F's up Gaara, IMO Gaara vs Lee is the best fight ever, and Gaara vs Bone guy is the second best, Gaara has stolen the show every time he appears.

crystalcube said:
reaction shots are not that bad but flashbacks are bad in some of the later episodes. So much that they slow down the series.

That's what I hate about the Anime it has to many useless flashbacks I can't stand it, I skipped Gaara's flashback and Sakura VS INO flashback during the Chuunin exam, if the flashback are interesting and not boring I will watch it, but if they repeating stuff from Episode 2 or something I just skip thru it.

deathstar121 said:
Gaara is voiced by the guy who voices brock from pokemon, I can't wait to see how he F's up Gaara, IMO Gaara vs Lee is the best fight ever, and Gaara vs Bone guy is the second best, Gaara has stolen the show every time he appears.
:D Well he does become "rather important" as a matter of fact.

deathstar121 said:
Uhm, no. Lee vs Boneguy was the best fight ever in the show, I still get the giggles thinking of that one. ;)

crystalcube said:
reaction shots are not that bad but flashbacks are bad in some of the later episodes. So much that they slow down the series.
I didnt think any show could have more reaction shot than indian shows, but naruto in 3 episodes takes the cake and gobbles it down.

epic

Naruto's an interesting series, but the filler non-manga episodes tend to suck(cheap villains seem to be commonly introduced during such, and they always somehow make the main characters look bad... particularly Jiraiya and Naruto, they turn them into your everyday comic relief.)

Orochimaru(This is Apocalypse done anime style and we all know it!!!) and Sakura are my fave characters.

zidane1strife said:
Naruto's an interesting series, but the filler non-manga episodes tend to suck

Suck is an understatement, have a friend who reads the manga, he said after the Naruto vs Sasuke fight the Manga jumps 3 years, that episode aired in may, since may 19 we have been watching filler episodes while the manga gets a chance the breathe, (because the anime and the manga are very close) rumor from japan is these filler episodes will continue until the end of the year.

PS: If you don't like Naruto check out Bleach.

{Sniping}Waste said:
Just saw the US one and the voices for Kakashi sounds so gay. You would think Kakashi was gay. Its just horried.
Yeah, Kakashi's voice is worse than pathetic. :(

My kids are in love with it though, so I'm forced to watch it every week with them. :???:

deathstar121 said:
Suck is an understatement, have a friend who reads the manga, he said after the Naruto vs Sasuke fight the Manga jumps 3 years, that episode aired in may, since may 19 we have been watching filler episodes while the manga gets a chance the breathe, (because the anime and the manga are very close) rumor from japan is these filler episodes will continue until the end of the year.

PS: If you don't like Naruto check out Bleach.

Yeah, the manga jumps 3 years, and the next fight involving Gaara is A M A Z I N G. As usual.

Man, these are a LOT of filler episodes, they should be careful or they'll scare people away. I skipped many of those and fast-forwarded the rest, they're just useless.

They have no choice LB, they need a certain amount of manga before they can turn it into an anime story arc.

The anime caught up with the manga, simple as that. Same thing will be happening to Bleach soon, although on a happy note there future filler will NOT be the Psychic King & the wonder brats stories.

Someone said something about episode 52 & 65 being pretty heavy duty important, and Bleach just got another season guaranteed.

digitalwanderer said:
They have no choice LB, they need a certain amount of manga before they can turn it into an anime story arc.

The anime caught up with the manga, simple as that. Same thing will be happening to Bleach soon, although on a happy note there future filler will NOT be the Psychic King & the wonder brats stories.

Someone said something about episode 52 & 65 being pretty heavy duty important, and Bleach just got another season guaranteed.
Well how often does the manga come out? cause it's like 20 pages long, not much to it, so it should be fairly easy and quick to progress the real storyline. I mean it takes the anime 10 episodes to complete what one comic book covers, it shouldn't be that hard... The last 20 episodes or so of Naruto were completely unrelated to the real storyline!

I just wanna see Sakura kick ass, and Gaara doing his thing all those things!

I'm not sure how often the manga comes out, I try like hell NOT to read it regularly and I just wait a few months and download it all and read it in a binge...they're too short to do otherwise for me.

It takes about 3 mangas to make 1 anime is the general rule-o-thumb though.

digitalwanderer said:
I'm not sure how often the manga comes out, I try like hell NOT to read it regularly and I just wait a few months and download it all and read it in a binge...they're too short to do otherwise for me.

It takes about 3 mangas to make 1 anime is the general rule-o-thumb though.

Hold on a sec, i think i got this the wrong way, but it definately doesn't take 3 mangas to make 1 episode of Naruto.
20 pages of manga cover at least 2 or 3 episodes - though i've been reading them in bulk so i might be wrong...

You're wrong, but also right...it depends on what is happening in the manga and how it translates into the anime.

Like the early fight with that water guy that turned into like 5 episodes? I think that was only one or two mangas, but the fight they went into insanely cool detail on in the anime.

I know Bleach is right about at 3 now, and FMP:TSR is even weirder to predict since it's based on novels and not manga. :???:

Strange...

anyway, i guess you don't have the manga "after the last one you sent me"... Which is right when Naruto, Kakashi and Sakura meet Itachi. U know, after the Gaara "incident".

digitalwanderer said:
Yo
Like the early fight with that water guy that turned into like 5 episodes? I think that was only one or two mangas, but the fight they went into insanely cool detail on in the anime.

That show arc also had the endangered nested flashback. They had a flashback and in the flashback they had ANOTHER FLASHBACK!! The sound of thundering falls was the sound of blood shooting out of my eye sockets from the mind-bending abuse of the flow of time.

That and how many times did they have to bash me over the head with the "OMG I live for this dude but he only thinks of me as a tool/I only think of him as a tool/ OMG this is so dramatic lets reiterate with more drama" exposition cascade? I had a friend who was begging to for one of us to kill him because he couldn't imagine it ever ending.

I thought most of it was pretty neat, but that portion needed some serious cutting.

Back