My wife sucking up is almost complete

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Somehow I managed to knock out the hardest part of the living room floor yesterday and got it more than half-way done. I'm hopeful I can finish it up today, and also get my wife's Z washed as well as get the lawn mowed.

She knows I ordered the chair, and I suspect she knows I ordered a few bits to fix Bubbles....but I still gotta reach critical brownie points before it all comes out.

Wish me luck, in a weiny kind of way. ;)

Why don't you just talk to her before you do something.

Yes, yes I remember about me and the bike, but it was different in that it was a ridiculously awesome deal and it was one time only. Buying computer parts can occur at any time.

Hey digi, if you'd been a housewife instead, do you think your significant other would have complained very much if you'd gone to the hair salon and then got your nails done, or a facial or such? It's the same with guys and computer parts!

Just tell her that and it'll be fine! :D

Guden Oden said:
Hey digi, if you'd been a housewife instead, do you think your significant other would have complained very much if you'd gone to the hair salon and then got your nails done, or a facial or such? It's the same with guys and computer parts!

LOL.... like Z wasnt nuff.... :p

I'll need to perform some sucking up to the wife since I've completely ignored her tonight. Finished up my Chaos Theory shader profile performance article that I started last night, installed the new Zalman cooler, then finished up benchmarking for a Falcon 4: Allied Force article and started writing it. I basically came home from work, ate dinner, played with Megan for a half-hour, and then locked myself in the study for the rest of the night. And she had that 'look' in her eye when she kissed me goodnight, which is what told me I was in trouble. Unbeknownst to her I have tickets from my company to the local minor league baseball team for tomorrow night (hopefully weather is good), with seats right behind the catcher.

John Reynolds said:
Unbeknownst to her I have tickets from my company to the local minor league baseball team for tomorrow night (hopefully weather is good), with seats right behind the catcher.
Are you sure that's a way out of the doghouse?

I have to make up with my wife too. :( I bought a million+ dollar motel without telling her. Just told her yesterday after having taken over the property for over a week. Let me tell she was not very happy. Anyways, let the sucking up begin.

epic

John Reynolds said:
She actually enjoys it more than I do, which is why I snagged the tickets when they were offered.
Heh. Sounds like my wife. She must see the Spurs play several times a year. I would rather stay home and do something else, but humor her as best I can.

Oh, my wife does really know I ordered any and everything I would need to get my PC back up and running...I think that's just a given now.

I'm just trying to make up for it by putting out a bit of extra effort to make her smile. It's easy to get things down when the kids are in school, but when they're home pretty much 24/7 and they're my responsibility it can make it a bitch just to get thru the day...let alone get some renovation done.

I did good on the living room today, got everything off the undone half onto the done half and then scraped/scrubbed/bleached/scraped/scrubbed/bleached the baseboards so I can toss the flooring down fast tomorrow hopefully before my CPU arrives. :)

She'll have a nice living room to plop in with the kids to try and decide what color scheme she wants me to paint it and what exactly we want to do with the fireplace, and I'll get to have some time to play with my "repaired" pc.

I'm just trying to be nice much more than sucking up, me and my wife got a much better/open/honest relationship than I imply I think. We both know each other so well we don't really have to talk about some things, we just know.

It's all good, really truly-o. Besides, I needed to start getting some exercise again. Summer with the kids is just pure stress for me and almost all my time is spent doing things with them or trying to keep up with all the housework they can make and I tend to lose my tone and calm...getting into some construction work again gets me juices pumping and actually really helps me get in shape better than exercise ever did.

I don't stick with exercise routines well, but I can work like a mofo given the chance/inclination. :)

She watched me put the new mobo/memory in and she liked 'em, she said the OCZ memory looked almost good enough to put in her Z. :LOL:

Just bend her over the couch and bnag her . Give her a new baby to play with . Women love that shit

Guden Oden said:

Heh, that reminds me of something I heard a pastor say once. When talking about household budgets and impulse purchases, someone asked if men or women tend to mess it up more. He said men do, because a woman's impulse purchase will be a new sweater and a man's impulse purchase will be a new fising boat.

See also: epicstruggle and his $1,000,000+ motel. Never before has a screen name been more appropriate. ;)

Back