My puppies ate a soccer ball.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Not a fake one, a full-sized official one with all them pentagons and hexagons stitched together. :?

They actually popped it last night, (I think it was Lulu), but this morning my kitchen/computer room floor is just covered with them white and black hexa/pentagons and about a bazillion little pieces of whatever was the air bladder. :?

Did I mention my puppies have gotten a lot bigger and they're a tad on the destructive side? They're eating my house. :?

MasterBaiter said:
Last time I saw a pic of them, they looked more like puppies inside of full-grown dog bodies...
I don't think I've posted any picts of 'em recently, they've kept growing. I'd say they're about 40lbs-ish. Lulu is the biggest, but she's so tall & lanky that she looks underweight. Rascal might be the heaviest, she's not fat but she is SOLID! Molly is definately the smallest of 'em, but she makes up for it with some extry fierceness in the puppy fighting. ;)

Great dogs, seriously great....but I'll be a happier guy once we're past the puppy stage. :rolleyes:

My parents Jack Russel terrier is a complete beast when it comes to footballs. The problem tho is that its mouth isn't large enough to actually grab the ball (well, untill after a couple days of violent play time, when the ball is no longer a ball). So each time she tries to grab it, she just pushes it forward, leading to a chase that can last forever. And those suckers are pretty damn fast too, and simply refuse to stop chasing the ball untill you take it away, which is easier said than done :)

digitalwanderer said:
Did I mention my puppies have gotten a lot bigger and they're a tad on the destructive side? They're eating my house. :?

No cable eating though? Be glad that you're still computing! :LOL:

About the punishments, I found one particular means quite effective once when my little doggie ate the cables of my headphones... I simply refused to give him access to my room for the remainder of the day, after giving him a pretty decent showing of the cables, the headphones and looking at him quite judgingly.

Not sure about what you can do about soccer balls though, I think you will just have to accept the destruction on anything that even remotely resembles anything toyish :devilish:

Who said no cable eating? They've eaten thru my wife's network cable about 4 times so far, mine twice, and my daughter's once. They ate two sets of headphones of mine too....not just the wires, THEY ATE THE HEADPHONES!

They're eating my cabinet doors, the trim, the walls... :rolleyes:

They'll stop, probably in about 8-12 months but they will stop.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Give them fake cables so they can eat through.
Nah, I did punish them for chewing cables...I got too many around that could bite them back. :?

They don't chew cables or cords much anymore, they do get somethings. :)

On another happy note I've gotten very good at splicing cat5 together and I didn't even know you could before they chewed it up.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Make them eat Digi's socks. :LOL:
Oh, more than a dozen of my socks they've already eaten....they love anything with my scent on it. :rolleyes:

I've also lost a set of sandals, two pair of sneakers, and my fave pair of Birkenstocks. :( (I miss my Birks)

digitalwanderer said:
...and my fave pair of Birkenstocks. :( (I miss my Birks)

:oops:

I hoped these never made it out of Germany, it's the single ugliest thing EVER!!! You can't even remotely imagine how much I hate these.

Of course, you'll see people wearing these with white tennis socks or such to make things even better... :LOL:

_xxx_ said:
Of course, you'll see people wearing these with white tennis socks or such to make things even better... :LOL:
Only when there is snow on the ground.
yep.gif

_xxx_ said:
:oops:

I hoped these never made it out of Germany, it's the single ugliest thing EVER!!! You can't even remotely imagine how much I hate these.

You should try south of France in the summer. Tons of Gemans with Birkenstocks, with mandatory socks, and huge Ray-bans... 8)

Back