Music/song with the deepest bass

Strapping Young Lad's last two albums are filled with booms.
A lot aren't too deep, "only" in the 40 hz range, but theres a few that are below 30hz!
Good if you have a nice system, but not if your primary speakers are computer speakers, like mine.
Logitech 5300s, can barely hear the drops even inthe 40 hz range, the poor bastards.
They sound quite impressive on me parents DCM Time Window 3 towers.
Claimed frequency response is 24hz- 20,000 hz.
My goal is to have a system that goes deeper and louder some day :smile:
Sorry about possibly turning this into a "show of your setup" thread ;)

One of my favorite bass drops of all time is the first note in Bloodbath's Eaten. Its just a very low bass note that leads into an extremely aggressive song. While I doubt its to low, to me its the perfect use of bass in a way of not creating some sort of beat. Job for a Cowboy has a song that uses bass in a similair way, which once again I really like.

I find mid-bass much more enjoyable than deep-bass. As mid-bass hits you with a ton of impact, and I love impact.

I find mid-bass much more enjoyable than deep-bass. As mid-bass hits you with a ton of impact, and I love impact.
Stuff in the 60 hz range has lots of impact, while still sounding pretty deep, just not ultra deep.
I like stuff in the 30-50 hz range myself.

I think the deepest bass is limited not by the subwoofer, but by your ears. I've got tracks (even if for testing purposes) where the bass is so deep that you won't sense it at all, if it wasn't for that bottle of mineral water vibrating off the table next to you...

I think the deepest bass is limited not by the subwoofer, but by your ears. I've got tracks (even if for testing purposes) where the bass is so deep that you won't sense it at all, if it wasn't for that bottle of mineral water vibrating off the table next to you...
Yeah, we know. We're still waiting for those tracks from you 2 years later. :p

(hint: read the rest of the thread)

I sincerely hope you mean 320Kbit mp3s... 8) :devilish:

Somehow I imagine that 320bit mp3 (without the K) would be just fine if you're only out to make a really deep bass; it's not like you need a whole lot of information to represent a bunch of super-low frequencies.

There's this cd from a japanese(?) guy that has the launch of Saturn 11(or one of them anyway) at the beginning of one song (Mars, Bringer of War?). THAT brought most of the speakers in local HiFi-show on their knees. Even the REALLY big ones.

Sorry I can't remember that cd but I couldn't buy it and it's been slike 15 years from that day. The guy who had it bought it from Japan himself and wouldn't sell it no matter what.

Yeah, we know. We're still waiting for those tracks from you 2 years later. :p

(hint: read the rest of the thread)

:oops: OMG! I didn't even realize that I just posted in a thread that has been revived from the death in which I already posted the same stuff 2 years ago! :oops: :oops:

I am sooo ashamed!

*slowly ducks and runs far faaaar away*

Err, Guden, still want that DTS disk? :oops: ;)

Check out "The Boomin' System" by L.L. Cool J. Also, "Spitfire" by Prodigy sounds great in my car, although it's not real low. The intro to Lacuna Coil's "Tight Rope" makes my rear-view mirror go nuts, so it's pretty low.

Swords, Double Flash and Phat Planet from Leftfield's Rhythm and Stealth album will exercise you bass. Swords in particular has the kind of bass that you feel more than hear.

Your neighbours will hate you though

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out "The Boomin' System" by L.L. Cool J. Also, "Spitfire" by Prodigy sounds great in my car, although it's not real low. The intro to Lacuna Coil's "Tight Rope" makes my rear-view mirror go nuts, so it's pretty low.

Lacuna Coil's own "What I See" off of Karma Code has the same sort of low rumble bass but in a bit more agressive manner, probably my favorite part of that album.

I have been able to find some songs and specialty tracks that are supposed to have good bass in them. Give me your e-mail addresses if you'd like me to send you some stuff that you can check out on your stereo systems. :)

Phil: If you've got some tracks with good bass that you'd like to share, please give us some links. I'm sure everyone here would be interested. :)

Any decent mixer will use some kind of high-pass filter to steeply ramp down frequencies below 60Hz. Frequencies below this tend to muddy a mix and don't give you "deep" bass, they just give you poor sound and speaker buzz (if the speakers can cope, which many can't). To get a decent deep bass sound you usually have to ADD higher-pitch frequencies to it to make it more "solid".

Any decent mixer will use some kind of high-pass filter to steeply ramp down frequencies below 60Hz. Frequencies below this tend to muddy a mix and don't give you "deep" bass, they just give you poor sound and speaker buzz (if the speakers can cope, which many can't). To get a decent deep bass sound you usually have to ADD higher-pitch frequencies to it to make it more "solid".
Er have you not heard of bass drops?
Thats were the bass comes from, not the instruments.

Back