[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

I played the campaign yesterday for about two hours (from what I've read I'm supposedly half way through) and the game is the most boring FPS game I've played along with Medal of Honor this gen - in fact the two games are quite similar with BF3 surprisingly having a weaker gunplay/weapon sounds than the BC games and MoH...of course the enemy and friendly AI are non-existent resulting in some of the most boring and dull combat scenarios I've seen this gen.

Graphically looks really nice even amazing at places with decent IQ, really great texture quality and some amazing lighting especially in the night levels - my only complaints are the ugly shadows and the disappointing constant tearing in the most crowded situations (I played with the high-res texture pack installed, component @ 1080p and also tried 720p but there was no difference) which is really distracting and hurts the overall look of the game IMO...I remember that BC2 had it's share of tearing issues here and there but BF3 is probably worse in that aspect.

Curious to see how the MP turns out since I've yet to play anything MP since the beta.

The campaign looks pretty spectacular so far and sometimes the combination of superb visuals and sound effect really got my adrenaline pumping! There are a few places where it's kinda boring and dragged out but I'm guessing Dice is taking no compromise for full feature set. They really did a great job with the ps3 version "the one I'm playing" overall and I'm pretty satisfied.

One thing which I liked about MOH's campaign was how 'grounded' the story mode was, even small events meant something big in the game.
The part from the campaign where you are holding a point while you literally get hammered by enemies from everywhere only to make a narrow escape at the end was amazing, and the way they killed off the player character was quite memorable while being very normal when compared to the way they do it in games like COD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else experiencing terrible input lag on the PS3 version? Strange thing is that this wasn't present in the beta or BF:BC2 . . .

Cheers

For the 360 version, they put the single-player on Disc 2. Dice knows what the deal is. I imagine I won't put that disc in my xbox for a long time.

Also, the visuals are kind of weird. Chain link fences get all crazy looking. In some ways, things look great. In other ways, I think they look kind of bad. The trees and terrain at a distance in Battlefield Vietnam looked nicer, from memory. Don't have the game anymore to compare. Talking 360 version here. Overall though, I played a couple rounds and was right back into it.

yay sub-pixels and alpha textures :p
I think the same happens in Crysis when the radio station antenna rotates during one of the first missions of the game. It looks fine, but as it rotates the graphics can get odd sometimes.

Well, I just stopped my session SP...and it is good, very good and very enjoyable!
Lots of fun! Except the story...which is COD crap all over again. But the SP itself, gameplay, settings, action...graphics are mighty fine and def worth checking out IMO.
So far...very good, with lots of variety...

Single player? :LOL:

Seriously, this is Battlefield we're talking about here. If you got BF for the SP . . . well, you shouldn't have.

I was recently interviewed and asked about why I skipped the Single Player Campaign and went straight to MP.

ME: But we're talking about Single Player Campaign man. What are we talking about? Single Player Campaign? We're talking about Single Player Campaign, man. We're talking about Single Player Campaign. We're talking about Single Player Campaign. We aint talking about the game. We're talking about Single Player Campaign, man. When you come to the Man Cave, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about Single Player Campaign right now. We taking about Single Player Campaign.

Reporter: But it's an issue that your coach continues to raise?

ME: Man look, I hear you... it's funny to me too, I mean it's strange... it's strange to me too, but we're talking about Single Player Campaign man, we're not even talking about the game... the actual game, when it matters... We're talking about Single Player Campaign...

PC is fine :p

Yep, no one is having issues on the PC!

Back