ms pac man comes to xbla tonight

Rangers

Legend
no, not that cheap hack mr pacman we already got, but the real thing. I'm irrationally excited about this. Should be some good achievement points too.

Well, I say tonight because they hit at 4 AM here, and I'm always up then anyway.

Next week is Heavy Weapon, which when I played the flash game seems less than thrilling.

Ms Pac man???? This came out of no where! Awesome.

This was free on the original Xbox Live Arcade. I've got it and the wife still plays it. Wished I could trade in my free Hexic for it instead. LOL It'll be interesting to see how they compare. Other than achievements and HD, I'm not sure there's much more that they can add.

Tommy McClain

no, not that cheap hack mr pacman we already got, but the real thing. I'm irrationally excited about this. Should be some good achievement points too.

Well, I say tonight because they hit at 4 AM here, and I'm always up then anyway.

Next week is Heavy Weapon, which when I played the flash game seems less than thrilling.

How do you know what next week is? I was hoping for Worms :(

This was free on the original Xbox Live Arcade. I've got it and the wife still plays it. Wished I could trade in my free Hexic for it instead. LOL It'll be interesting to see how they compare. Other than achievements and HD, I'm not sure there's much more that they can add.

Tommy McClain

Are you sure? I dont think so.

Maybe you mean the namco disc arcade classics collection?

Are you sure? I dont think so.

Maybe you mean the namco disc arcade classics collection?

Umm, no. Microsoft released Xbox Live Arcade on the original Xbox back in November 2004. I've got my original disc still. Microsoft allowed you to order the disc on their site and you got Ms. Pac-Man free. They later provided the free disc at stores and included the Xbox Live Arcade launcher in Official Xbox Magazine discs, other demo discs and even with full games like the Forza pack-in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live_Arcade

Anyway, I'm going to be downloading it overnight. I should be able to compare the two tomorrow.

Tommy McClain

Umm, no. Microsoft released Xbox Live Arcade on the original Xbox back in November 2004. I've got my original disc still. Microsoft allowed you to order the disc on their site and you got Ms. Pac-Man free. They later provided the free disc at stores and included the Xbox Live Arcade launcher in Official Xbox Magazine discs, other demo discs and even with full games like the Forza pack-in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live_Arcade

Anyway, I'm going to be downloading it overnight. I should be able to compare the two tomorrow.

Tommy McClain

Why would you need a disc for Xboxlive arcade?

Anyways, anybody else got the game? It's terrible, and I dont even know why. Just really hard to control and feels slow. Maybe it's the 360 d-pad, but I never thought the D-pad was that bad in previous games.

Why would you need a disc for Xboxlive arcade?

This version was the original version and it pre-dates the Xbox 360 version. Unlike the Xbox 360, the original Xbox did not include Live Arcade in the dashboard. It was designed to be run off a disc. All Live Arcade games you downloaded off Live were the full versions, but they were locked until you paid for them via your credit card attached to your Live account. They were stored on the hard drive, but in order to run them you had to run the Live Arcade launcher program found on a disc.

BTW, the same thing happened with Windows Media Center Extender for Xbox when it was released in November 2004 . It came out on a disc and was not built into the dashboard.

Good thing Microsoft realised that building both apps into the dashboard would be much better and allow a much larger audience to experience them.

Tommy McClain

Back