Mobile Ops: The One Year War (X360)

Ben-Nice

Regular
Mobile Ops Assembling for Xbox 360
Giant mech combat mobilizes for Microsoft's next-gen machine.
by Kathleen Sanders
April 24, 2006 - Namco Bandai announced today that it will release Mobile Ops: The One Year War, a mech war game, exclusively for the Xbox 360.

In an outer space war of the future range sensors and communications have been rendered useless. Naturally the only answer is to build enormous war machines to ride into hand-to-hand combat.

Enabled for online multiplayer, Mobile Ops will offer gamers the chance to man the helm of their own customized mech through multiple scenarios and battlefields. They can watch all the hot metal-on-metal mayhem in high-definition, too.

"We fully expect 'Mobile Ops' to immerse gamers into a futuristic world where giant mechas loom against a war-torn horizon," said Yoshi Niki, of Namco Bandai "As desperate battles ensue in both open battlefields and urban environments, players can choose to engage enemies on foot, in vehicles or in mobile suits."

Mobile Ops: The One Year War is scheduled for deployment for the holidays of 2006.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/702/702948p1.html

Pics

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/761/761548/imgs_1.html

looks like an ps2/xbox game, I hope microsoft didn't throw to much oney at namco games like this can do more harm then good

Namco hate the 360....I mean damn, so many crap looking titles...why bother Namco, why bother. Leave it to the western devs because no ones going to buy these looking like that.

shouldnt it be mobile suit gundam: the one year war?!

graphics might not be that good, but for a gundam fan this seems like an awesome game
its bf2 but with giant mechs!
too bad it prolly wont come to ps3

Bad_Boy said:
Yeah Its pretty odd. namco's titles pretty much all look weak for 360. (maybe minus rr6)

RR6 doesn't look very good and from what I've seen of RR7 it doesn't look very good either.

Namco needs to get it's next-gen act together

skmanga said:
shouldnt it be mobile suit gundam: the one year war?!

graphics might not be that good, but for a gundam fan this seems like an awesome game
its bf2 but with giant mechs!
too bad it prolly wont come to ps3
They already have a PS3 Gundam game and it looks A LOT better. I think it even has destructible environments.

This game's graphics are bad, but it looks like it could be fun online.

scooby_dooby said:
Yet another horrible looking game from Namco.
Namco is not involved with the development of this game, it's outsourced to Dimps. The PS3 Gundam is a different game developed by the Bandai in-house studio (BEC), without Namco involved.

nintenho said:
They already have a PS3 Gundam game and it looks A LOT better. I think it even has destructible environments....

this is a totally different game than that one (well besides genre)

MS needs to hire the Gundam PS3 team. ;)

one said:
Namco is not involved with the development of this game, it's outsourced to Dimps. The PS3 Gundam is a different game developed by the Bandai in-house studio (BEC), without Namco involved.

thanks for the details :D

Ben-Nice said:
You mean this one? No destructible environments in the demos and poor framerate and gameplay or lack of... but it's mindboggling that this is from the same company

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748465/vids_1.html
Yeah, that's the one. I think the video I saw before was from TGS where a Gundam smashes through a building which then realistically crumbles.

Tap In said:
this is a totally different game than that one (well besides genre)

MS needs to hire the Gundam PS3 team. ;)
Ah, I see. However, the online play probably won't save it. Unless their's like a 200 Gundam online melee.:p

Hardknock said:
RR6 doesn't look very good and from what I've seen of RR7 it doesn't look very good either.

Namco needs to get it's next-gen act together
what have you seen of RR7? And like mentioned above, the Gundam game for PS3 looks miles ahead of this. Atleast in those demo videos they showed last year.
I think its safe to say its just namco xbox360 games for now that look weak. we really havent seen much of namco's ps3 titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very blurry scans that I'm surprised you are able to tell the quality of craphics from (edit: oops :) craphics :D... that was a freudian slip but I'll leave it here despite of, maybe it'll stick as a new word for not-so-good-graphics), in addition the couple of scans that weren't concept renderings (which looked very good btw.) were shots from a nighttime track where virtually all that was visible was the taillights and some blurry dark blue mess :D
RR games haven't been graphically that exiting since the PSOne days and the first couple of RR's. Other racers have driven past it in graphics beauty imo.

Back