Microsoft and Sony Cloud Entertainment and Technology Collaboration [2019-05]

Have you looked at the internet? The gaming media is saying they signed a partnership. They didn't. I still don't get why the press release was necessary to announce nothing. Maybe it's some SEC requirement or something.
MOUs are an intent for legal signing, contractual signing. They are way more binding than an a verbal agreement at least that is the intent of the MOU, basically they are intent on exploring this opportunity so we're going to see that through at the least. MOUs can also be officially held confidentially, while legal partnerships cannot.

So the fact that they chose to let the world know that they have a MOU is fairly big deal. It's definitely a signal to investors that they are intending to solidify something.

MOUs can also be officially held confidentially, while legal partnerships cannot.
Contracts can also be confidential and are legally binding through contract law whereas MOUs generally lack the specificity of enforceable penalties. You don't see MOUs much these days and I remember a time when a gentleman's handshake was his honour! :runaway:

Contracts can also be confidential and are legally binding through contract law whereas MOUs generally lack the specificity of enforceable penalties. You don't see MOUs much these days and I remember a time when a gentleman's handshake was his honour! :runaway:
lol that's also true!

Back