Metro 2033 [X360]

Their website only mentions PC/360. http://metro2033game.com *shrug* I guess THQ didn't want to publish a PS3 version. So either someone else is publishing it for them, or it's really not on the table for now.

I liked it a lot: the setting was great and the ideas too, the ending was special and unexpected as well
(and I think there are a lot of other people who like the book), but I don't know your taste either...

The question is if it spoilers the story of the game or not, on the other hand...maybe the detailed descriptions in the book help to understand the setting of the game better...hard to tell??

Honestly, I love reading any of kind of book regardless of the genre..One of the my favorite books is Fight Club, 1984, etc..Metro 2033 sounds like a great read and im going to see if Amazon.com has it..

Their website only mentions PC/360. http://metro2033game.com *shrug* I guess THQ didn't want to publish a PS3 version. So either someone else is publishing it for them, or it's really not on the table for now.

A couple of years ago, it was slated as a PC/PS3 title but now its only for the 360 and PC...I think it was a little foolish of Sony to let this game slip away from them as Metro 2033 has the potential to be a great game.The story for this game sounds much more interesting then Resistance's does..

A couple of years ago, it was slated as a PC/PS3 title but now its only for the 360 and PC...I think it was a little foolish of Sony to let this game slip away from them as Metro 2033 has the potential to be a great game.The story for this game sounds much more interesting then Resistance's does..
So you think its in Sony's hand?

Wow this almost looks good. Hope it doesn't disappear into 6.0 reviews someday.

Is this UE3 or something?

Some of the vids remind me of part Resistance, part Doom 3, part Stalker and part low budget monster shooters on PC/PS360 (Pain? Pandoras Box?) who's names escape me.

It is their own engine with state of the art tech. Though doesn't look near as good as what the other videos showed graphically. :???:

EDIT: Ops sorry these are 360 vids the other where PC vids. XD

Probably PC vids too, so not necessarily representative of console version.

Nah that must be 360 version looks really good but not near as the PC vids showed espcially characters etc. They are using 360 pad so I guess it makes sense as they had lots of 360 machines in their 'demo chamber'. Well that unless they downgraded the beta.. XD

Well onscreen buttons were the 360 (for sure could still be PC) layout, but the motion was rigid, as though being played on pad, didnt have the quick movement nature that a mouse would show.

Well onscreen buttons were the 360 (for sure could still be PC) layout, but the motion was rigid, as though being played on pad, didnt have the quick movement nature that a mouse would show.

Yes but shading, lighting, faces and textures etc doesn't look as the beta screenshots. I'll see if I can find them again. Though really bad video quality.

Ya it's most likely 360. If you follow that blog's source link, it's back to a teamxbox forum post, from spaceghost. He appears to have attended the event and theres pictures of 360's hooked up to the tv's.

This game is def on my radar now, pending reviews I guess. Not much hype for this unfortunately. With that level of graphics I think it could gain hype though. Maybe I'll buy this instead of BF BC2 (underwhelming demo)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played it on 360 and it certainly has a lot of very impressive dynamic lighting, and some kind of custom AA system I can't put my finger on. I'm interviewing the devs about it soon.

I've played it on 360 and it certainly has a lot of very impressive dynamic lighting, and some kind of custom AA system I can't put my finger on. I'm interviewing the devs about it soon.
I remember the devs saying that the custom AA solution is implemented even when there is no MSAA used on PC ver. So its smooth image quality for everyone :)

Can't wait for this game. I know it was offscreen but even the 360 version looks great. Looking forward to hearing more about their engine.

http://themindchannel.blogspot.com/2010/02/off-screen-metro-2033-xbox-360-gameplay.html

New vids.

Looks rather good visually to say the least, quite Killzone 2 esque..... Looks linear but thats no bad thing., but a good thing appears to be the sense of height the player is compared to the a.i characters, doesn`t look like a dwarf running round! Gun placement seems to be spot on.

Oh MY GOD :oops: ! Thats like my Favourite game STALKER on steroids !
This is it guys ! That atmosphere is it ! Great work by those great people !
Will be there when it launches ! Wish I can read the book too, I love literature from non-english speaking countries, they feel so fresh in their approach ! Have you guys read "A thousand Splendid Suns" by Khalid Husseini? He is not a russian, but still, eastern writing feels great. Of course, when translated into english , though :LOL: !

Back