Medal of Honor Heroes 2

I've got to give this game a go. But after all Call of Duty and previous MoH I was kinda burn out on WW2 theme game and FPS isn't my cup of tea. Is it really preferable compare to twin analog control ?

I've got to give this game a go. But after all Call of Duty and previous MoH I was kinda burn out on WW2 theme game and FPS isn't my cup of tea. Is it really preferable compare to twin analog control ?

I like it quite a bit better. If you've played Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, the control feels even better. You can tweak a lot of different settings to get it how you like, even though I'd like things even a bit more sensitive.

You can tweak your deadzone, horizontal turn speed, vertical turn speed and aiming sensitivity.

The game itself is pretty mediocre. The graphics, AI, sound, and level designs are all very average. It's really just fun to play to see how well fps controls can really work on the Wii, and to see how the multiplayer experience works.

I don't recommend buying it new. Borrow, rent or buy used, in that order.

They have the control down, so hopefully a sequel or another title copying the controls could turn out to be exceptional.

I'll also add that some of the gesturing is really good.

The only ones I don't like are the rocket launcher and melee. You have to flip the control back, so the IR is facing away from the screen, like you picked up the bazooka and put it on your shoulder. That puts it into aim mode. The weird thing is, you have to aim with the stick, which is different than everything else. It just seems inconsistent.

The melee gesture responds very well, and is pretty effective. You have to thrust forward with both the remote and nunchuck. The problem is, I always end up pointing the IR away from the screen, so I end up looking at the ground or air when my attack finishes.

Some good gesturing, that's very simple, is the sniper rifle. You twist the wiimote like you're turning a dial to zoom in and out. You can press the C button to luck and unlock the zoom. With all of the weapons you can lean while in aim mode by tilting the nunchuck. So, you can aim, lean, walk and zoom all at the same time without even a thought.

Planting explosives works pretty well. You twist the wiimote like you're turning a dial to set the timer, and then pull up on the wiimote to set the charge.

There was a little thing where I had to tune a radio, which seemed overly sensitive, but probably because I've cranked all the sensitivities up way past their default. Still works well.

So, I played a bit more. The enemies are REALLY stupid, but the action is fast, so it doesn't matter too much. Better AI would help the game a lot. Graphics are poor, but I don't really care too much about that one.

The shotgun needs a better sound to really make it sound powerful, but pumping the shotgun with the nunchuck really makes it feel satisfying.

Pretty unremarkable (other than controls), but fairly entertaining for some mindless fun.

So, I played a bit more. The enemies are REALLY stupid, but the action is fast, so it doesn't matter too much. Better AI would help the game a lot. Graphics are poor, but I don't really care too much about that one.

The shotgun needs a better sound to really make it sound powerful, but pumping the shotgun with the nunchuck really makes it feel satisfying.

Pretty unremarkable (other than controls), but fairly entertaining for some mindless fun.

Yeah, your impressions are pretty much what I expected from this game. An unremarkable game with FPS controls done right. If it weren't for the controls, this game wouldn't even receive half the attention it got.

Yeah, your impressions are pretty much what I expected from this game. An unremarkable game with FPS controls done right. If it weren't for the controls, this game wouldn't even receive half the attention it got.

100% correct. If it weren't for the controls, it would probably be a 5/10. The controls make it a 6 or 7.

BTW, you said the AI's REALLY bad, right? Just how bad is it? Is it better or worse than Far Cry Vengeance on the Wii?

If you don't know how bad Far Cry was, check this out. Start watching at 5:34.

[gt]29192[/gt]

This is how the AI works:

Enemy runs behind crate, barrel, rail, doorway.
Enemy peeks out every once in a while and shoots in your direction.
Enemy occasionally throws a grenade or runs to another bit of cover.

That's pretty much it. You can flank the enemy very easily.

That said, the game is kind of kicking my ass in parts. There's just so many guys shooting from all directions and you can die pretty quickly. So you don't really notice how much each individual enemy sucks, because there's enough of them firing fast enough for it not to matter.

Back