Matrox M3D: your opinions?

did you have hexen2 continent of blackmarsh?

Looks like a bot bumped a 3 year old thread.
A bot with a good memory.

@WMR: Is that the same as "Hexen 2"? I have the CD for that but seem to have lost the floppy that contained the PowerVR library/driver, though the latter is probably just the standard "Mini OpenGL" that was used for all the id-based games of that era.

Hexen 2, Blood 2 : I sadly never came across these games.
I was always a fan of quake 1/2 based gaming, which HL1 mods as a very close family.

I remember when online gaming was synonymous with HL1 mods, then I had some fun with warcraft 3 custom maps (mostly in lan). nowadays there are two categories of multiplayer games, MMOs and "your PC isn't powerful enough to play it"

I'm exaggerating a bit, left4dead did a good job at running on crap, but back in the days if you had a PC powerful enough to play divx then you could play the popular, skill based games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should mention that my fav Mechwarrior 2 edition is the PowerVR one because it is the only one with the fog on a few worlds.

Oh and I liked Hexen II. It was one of the first games I tried on my Voodoo1 in 1998. It has some cool maps no doubt. i think it uses the engine better than Quake itself.

Back