Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
The loading comparisons will be interesting as it's sub 2 seconds to go from the games main menu to in-game on PS5.

Right.. because we need is another SSD/platform argument! :cautious:

I kid, I kid, I'm also really interested in this as well. I'm early-prep for my late 2022 PC rebuild so it's an interesting time to consider hardware but [disk] I/O on PC whilst being crazy high on papers just isn't in practice. I have 2x Samsung 870 QVO 4 TB in hardware RAID0 and load bars still crawl on a bunch of games because none of the damn games are optimised for fast I/O, they're still doing the whole 1990s-era data check-in shuffle.

I kid, I kid, I'm also really interested in this as well. I'm early-prep for my late 2022 PC rebuild so it's an interesting time to consider hardware but [disk] I/O on PC whilst being crazy high on papers just isn't in practice. I have 2x Samsung 870 QVO 4 TB in hardware RAID0 and load bars still crawl on a bunch of games because none of the damn games are optimised for fast I/O, they're still doing the whole 1990s-era data check-in shuffle.

I'm thinking more of what they'll do from a support point of view, will they look to implement Direct Storage or port it over 'as is' and it just performs how it performs.

Just like the majority of games on PS5 arent utilizing its 5gb/s speeds either.

It's a cross-gen game for the PS4 that can have as slow a mechanical hard-drive as 20 MB/s.

Yup, Insomniac went into great detail about how the world in Spider-Man was designed, how it is structured from a data perspective and how the assets are stored on disc so any remotely modern PC should run it fine.

As @davis.anthony said Miles Morales loads (from the menu) ridiculously fast on PS5 and that's an another level more impressive. When you are already playing (in-game) loading is about streaming the assets in the environment ahead of you just before you need them which in practice means you are loading less data moment-to-moment at a slower throughput than you need when you're on the menu screen them load a save for what could be any part of the city. The asset streaming problem was pretty much solved back in PlayStation 2 days where GTA and open world games could stream in assets from a slow-ass DVD, let alone a HDD.

The interesting test will be are the load-from-menu times on PC more like PS5 (2 seconds) or more like PS4/Pro (~25 seconds)?

i wonder if on pc it wont be faster. or heck, maybe even slower?

like.. maybe the game have specific loadings in serial manner instead of in threaded async. so its bottlenecked somewhere. so even on super fast PC. it wont be any faster

Hang in there. :)

something funny was popped in my head in javanese about digi hanging till august, then when i want to write it in English.... poof... its gone from my brain.

It's a cross-gen game for the PS4 that can have as slow a mechanical hard-drive as 20 MB/s.

But that's nothing to do with what I'm saying.

The game won't magically load at the same speed as PS5 does without work.

Which is why it will be interesting to see how they approach the port and to see if they put in the extra effort on the I/O side of it for those PC gamers running fast NVME drives.

Last edited:
Someone has modded Spidey into Matrix Awakens city.
Spider-Man-whirls-in-The-Matrix-Awakens-in-UE5-the-spectacular.jpg

AUGUST 18, 2022

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered v1.817.1.0 Patch Notes​

• Fixed various ray-tracing related crashes.
  • Improved Windows version check, to prevent false positives.
  • Visual improvements to HBAO+.
  • Fixed the issue where ray-traced reflections in stainless steel were rendered distorted.
  • Various visual improvements to NVIDIA DLSS.
  • Fixed an issue that could freeze the game if the player would switch between graphics presets during cut-scenes.
  • Fixed an issue where the Side Mission popups would be stretched when playing in a widescreen resolution.
  • Improvements related to stability issues when using Alt-Tab.
  • Fixed various visual glitches.

I will so buy games on PC if somebody releases a mod that stops all enemies immediately knowing where Spider-Man is. They improved the AI / stealth mechanics in Miles Morales and I'd love it in the original.

Fling has a trainer with a stealth option that allows that, just gotta block it in your firewall as their trainers call home. (nothing bad, but still I don't wanna let it) I've been using Fling's trainers for years and never had any issues aside from some cheats breaking the game, but you figure it out as you go and it's a game by game basis. The Spidey trainer is pretty tight, I tried it last night and had no trouble using any options.

EDITED BITS: Fuck forced stealth in games, I hate how it breaks the rhythm for me.

Back