LOL

It doesn't say should we jump just once, or is something like one minute of constant jumping required.

I'd think if it is just one single jump, the whole thing would fail because 1 jump last something like 1 second, and to succeed every jumpers' clock would have to be synchronized. The number of succesfull jumps for that given time would be far less than those who participate.

oh they wouldn't move the earth at all. They would move things on the opposite side of earth. like this:

--------_
---------\
-----oO o

-------__
--------|--
-----oOo--<--

-------__
--------|
<-o--Oo

But if one million people jump in London and one million jump in Japan, doesn't that cancel the jumping thing out? Not like we would ever change the orbit of anything anyway.

Like getting ants to jump all at once to move a mountain.

(i'm such a spoil sport)

The chinese goverment should get every single chinese citizen to do it at the sme time... thats about the clsoest you're gonna get to having any affect on the world... even then it would be negligeable unless it was all concentrated in a very small area.

sytaylor said:
The chinese goverment should get every single chinese citizen to do it at the sme time... thats about the clsoest you're gonna get to having any affect on the world... even then it would be negligeable unless it was all concentrated in a very small area.

Thing is, even if u drop the whole population in one single point all at once, it aint gonna do jack. Imagine the BO though. :oops: Ewww

Just don't jump too hard or we'll be pulled out of the solar system :LOL:

This must be the stupidest thing I've seen in years...

london-boy said:
sytaylor said:

Thing is, even if u drop the whole population in one single point all at once, it aint gonna do jack. Imagine the BO though. :oops: Ewww

Would be like dropping a load of smelly match sticks on to the isle of mann and expecting it to move...

This is about the same what I've sometimes wondered. What if all people would do someting at the same time.

For example, what would be the statistical possibility of all the people (you can add animals too if you want) on earth would fart at the same time (or within some seconds, as a there are farts of different duration), without agreeing on farting beforehand.
Or if everybody shouted at the same time, would ther be a massive sound pressure wave.

These are possible, in theory at least. And during the course of living beigns exsistense it would seem likely something like that would happen.
What would be the effects of such an event.

rabidrabbit said:
This is about the same what I've sometimes wondered. What if all people would do someting at the same time.

For example, what would be the statistical possibility of all the people (you can add animals too if you want) on earth would fart at the same time (or within some seconds, as a there are farts of different duration), without agreeing on farting beforehand.
Or if everybody shouted at the same time, would ther be a massive sound pressure wave.

These are possible, in theory at least.
And during the course of living beigns exsistense it would seem likely something like that would happen.
What would be the effects of such an event.

Theoretically, yes. Like, theoretically, if you run into a wall a gazillion times, eventually you should be able to go through it, because there is one possibility in the whole universe of possibilities that the molecules in your body would align themselves in a way that you can get through the atoms in the wall.

Gonna happen? No.

And a scream from the whole population at once would not produce a sound wave powerful enough to move anything. Unless you're in an environment where somehow sound reverberates in a way that it gets "preserved", so more scream would add to the total energy, and even then i'm not too sure about it. Besides, there's 6 billion of us, how r u gonna fit us all in a space where someone on the far side of the group can hear the scream of someone on the diamterically opposite side? In an open space, all the screams would just propagate into space uselessly.

We're like ants. Some cuter than others.

I believe the site is meant to be a joke.

It's not a particularly new joke, either. I think the Onion had a similar joke where the Chinese government was trying to have all 1 billion people jump in China to end the world. Mankind's saviors were to be a portly volunteer fire department somewhere in the midwest.

Not to mention that if 77 million people registered, we'd be hearing about this a lot more than some obscure site.

london-boy said:
RussSchultz said:
Perhaps if we all started running east, we could speed the earth up?

:LOL: That actually made me laugh loud
Well, at least this one really works, unlike the jumping up/down thing.
However, Russ, to speed the earth up, you have to run west. Or better yet, drive west ;)

Xmas said:
Well, at least this one really works, unlike the jumping up/down thing.
However, Russ, to speed the earth up, you have to run west. Or better yet, drive west ;)

does that mean that mexicans crossing into US can be blaimed for polar melting due to all the running to the north? :LOL:

Back