Llano IGP vs SNB IGP vs IVB IGP

I think Llano's main target is to be on ~1366*768 13-15" laptop screens, and not 23" 1080p desktop screens.
From what we've seen, even mid-priced 15" laptops (~750€) will bundle discrete Whistlers for Crossfire goodness.
Performance is just right for the targetted resolution, as a "HD6755G2" will be able to max out most games - especially console ports - at 720/768p (they just need to get DX9 compatibility working, fast!).
If you like extreme micro-stuttering: http://translate.google.de/translat...schnitt_mikroruckler&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

It's too bad that it's probably impractical to make some GDDR5 SODIMMs. ;) I don't even know if these chips support GDDR5. The lack of volume for a specialty DIMM like that would probably make the price crazy anyway.

Vsync is no solution to micro-stuttering.

It is for many, many people.

edit:
Clarification: It doesn't remove the problem, however it does make it less severe, even to point where it becomes unnoticeable

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't remove the problem, however it does make it less severe, even to point where it becomes unnoticeable

Unless you use triple-buffering, it should. The former produces MS even with single cards.

Unless you use triple-buffering, it should. The former produces MS even with single cards.

We did benchmarks on that, the frametime still jumps up and down with vsync on

Without
veUnigineTB-30sec.png

With
veUnigineTBVsync-30sec.png

We did benchmarks on that, the frametime still jumps up and down with vsync on

What are we looking at? Also, some statistical analysis on the dataset always helps:smile:. What's on 0y? I presume 0x is the frame-count? What are we measuring etc.?

What are we looking at? Also, some statistical analysis on the dataset always helps:smile:. What's on 0y? I presume 0x is the frame-count? What are we measuring etc.?

Oh ye, sorry.

X-axis is frame-count, Y-axis is frametime converted into FPS equivalent ("realtime FPS instead of average over second like usually")

This particular test is 30 second period from Unigine Heaven bench

Oh ye, sorry.

X-axis is frame-count, Y-axis is frametime converted into FPS equivalent ("realtime FPS instead of average over second like usually")

This particular test is 30 second period from Unigine Heaven bench
I think it's noteworthy that the times where the FPS increases above 60 despite vsync are basically the exact same times that the FPS decreases substantially without vsync. So with vsync the "pre-rendered frames" buffer is being (partially?) depleted as performance drops temporarily, and then it gets filled back as fast as it can afterwards.

That is an inherent effect of all frame-based rendering and the same issue would exist with any setup. But I suppose it's a problem that AFR makes sudden temporary decreases in performance more likely, but I'm not sure by how much or how that graph would look with a single GPU.

Actually, that might be single card already, it's old data and the file naming doesn't give much :oops:
It has triple buffering enabled, too.

Here's double buffered with CrossFire 100% certain

Without v-sync
veUnigineCF-30sec.png

With v-sync
veUnigineCFVsync-30sec.png

Back