Kena: Bridge of Spirits [PS4, PS5, PC, XBSX|S]

So getting back to Kena they patched the game and I could immediatly notice 2 nice improvements:

- Kena is no longer randomnly stopped when running around. This was the lately the most annoying thing ever playing the game.
- There are less framerate drops overall.

Bonus, they added a motion blur toggle!

Finished it, beautfiul game with surpsing dificulty taking into acount it design and some not so abvious riddles. At first I have problem with narration as had no idea whats the goal or story tough in the end everything is explained. On ps5 dynamic rest do briliant job as res can according to df drop quite low and whole time I have feeling its close to native 4k, its either good upscaling technic or due to graphic design nature. Most of the game its flawles 60 but with some stutter when little creatures form bigger one and we move camera and noticable drops in last boss fight when blocking one of his special attack. 8/10

What did PS4 really bring compared to PS360? Higher resolutions and nicer graphics which is lame compared to what we got now.

A huge increase in image quality and AA...... much better then loading and RT imo.

Quite insane really going from MLAA and FXAA at the very start of PS4's life all the way to TAA and up sampling we have now.

So a friend of mine build a small PC with a 1050ti, an i3 10105f and 8GB of RAM.
We installed Kena to check its performance and we run the benchmark to get the optimum settings automatically.
Lo and behold the game runs 30fps at 1080p with......ultra settings!

The game is extremely optimised but at the same time it shows how low under the belt many games are punching. Very few games are taking advantage of the current consoles and modern PCs. Targeting as many hardware configurations as possible is the main aim. The myth that it is the consoles that are keeping the bar low is clearly a myth.

Kena isnt pushing much at all.

Kena isn't exactly a high graphics intensive game. They were also aware of what hardware they were designing for so they could maximise performance for example the PS4.

Targeting as many hardware configurations as possible is the main aim. The myth that it is the consoles that are keeping the bar low is clearly a myth.

Kena isnt pushing much at all.

But the game targets PS4 which is a weaker platform than the 1050ti so the fact that it runs well on that GPU doesn't really suggest the bar is being set by the PC here.

Was the exclusivity deal really that long?? 32ish months seems an odd and lengthy deal for an unknown that isn't driving hardware sales.

Eh, it would have to be really discounted or part of game pass for me to look into such an old game
It's still a great charming game though. It has being an evergreen for long time on PS5 showing it's a game that is aging very well. This game reminded me Zelda a lot.

I got this when it was fairly new but for some reason I just found it incredibly boring and I had to force myself to play it so I gave up. I dont know what it was (it was some time ago), if I just didnt like the style or setting, or if something with the gameplay was lacking or if it just was me, but EVERYTHING about it just felt so tedious. Things that usualy give some type of satisfaction, however small, (even if its just pres X to active magic orb to oben door or whatever) was missing here. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Comments on Eurogamer about he XB release were mostly highly complimentary, but a few responded like you. Seems kinda divisive.

I got this when it was fairly new but for some reason I just found it incredibly boring and I had to force myself to play it so I gave up. I dont know what it was (it was some time ago), if I just didnt like the style or setting, or if something with the gameplay was lacking or if it just was me, but EVERYTHING about it just felt so tedious. Things that usualy give some type of satisfaction, however small, (even if its just pres X to active magic orb to oben door or whatever) was missing here. Anyone else had a similar experience?

I bought this for my daughter pretty much after launch. I tried firing it up again yesterday to see if I could finish it and I couldn't.

Like you mentioned, the tediousness of it is what drove my daughter away and now that we're so far into it, I have zero clue what to do. I don't have the heart to delete it yet lol

I bought this for my daughter pretty much after launch. I tried firing it up again yesterday to see if I could finish it and I couldn't.

Like you mentioned, the tediousness of it is what drove my daughter away and now that we're so far into it, I have zero clue what to do. I don't have the heart to delete it yet lol
But even if your daughter stuck with it: even in the easy mode bosses are too hard for children and even teens. It's really a shame. This is why Nintendo games are mostly so easy nowadays. Back then we young people had no choice but to get gud at it (or we wouldn't play videogames at all) but nowadays kids have so many other things to do. But mostly it's those addictive screens. :yep2:

Back