Just had to reactivate Windows Vista..

Boke

Newcomer
Why you ask?
Well I decided to change the driver for my hard drives! One of my drives was randomly shutting off and restarting so I changed from the nvidia SATA driver to the Standard Dual Channel IDE Controller(fixed the issue).

I simply cannot believe a driver change is now enough to cause me to get a reactivation message. I was told that "You must activate Windows within 3 days or Windows will stop working." If I decide I don't like the driver and go back to the nvidia one I'll have to activate it yet again.

The activation process is simple enough. But I swear, Microsoft is going to do more harm to itself with this damed activation scheme then good.
I tend to change things in my system often, especially drivers. I absolutely will not call up and beg Microsoft to activate a copy of an OS that I payed for after they decide I've reactivated too many times.

thats the only reason they'll problably get me to pay for a full copy is the reactivation limit. A few times with the XP CD in the past i'd mess up the install 2 or 3 times and get that awesome message to call someone who can barely speak english.

Its easy but its annoying.

10 activations per copy, still want to buy that ?
I think that will drive more people than not into pirating this thing.

10 activations per copy, still want to buy that ?
I think that will drive more people than not into pirating this thing.

does that include the full versions? XP is unlimited on the full, the Upgrade CDs are the ones with the limited activation. If thats changed i'll be dissapointed, but i havent read anywhere that it isnt the same. Afterall they do have to keep some incentive for paying the extra money for full versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read it was the full version limitation, but didn't investigate any further, that would be something good indeed.

Hey there is nothing to stop them simply refusing to activate it the first time.

Put it this way if I had a pirate copy of vista that didn't need activation and a legal copy that did I'd install the pirate copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back